Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars from 1st March with 127 MAK

speckles

Celestron 127 SLT Mak with SPC900 and a X2 Barlow. Seeing variable between poor and average as well as thin high cloud drifting across reduced 1000 frames taken to about 220 used.

Registax 6 and Photoshop to finish. Fingers crossed for a couple of nights with good seeing before Mars gets too small!

post-23727-133877740956_thumb.jpg

I think you could go for a lot more frames and get more detail than you have already. The ones I did on Thursday night were something like 1500 of 2500 frames, but if there's any clear sky this weekend I shall be giving it another go starting from nearer 4000. Was a tough night to be imaging though, wasn't it? I have some frames where Mars disappeared entirely, and when I turned my attention to Saturn later on I couldn't see more than a vague grey smudge on the camera.

James

I think you could go for a lot more frames and get more detail than you have already. The ones I did on Thursday night were something like 1500 of 2500 frames, but if there's any clear sky this weekend I shall be giving it another go starting from nearer 4000. Was a tough night to be imaging though, wasn't it? I have some frames where Mars disappeared entirely, and when I turned my attention to Saturn later on I couldn't see more than a vague grey smudge on the camera.

James

Thanks for your suggestion, James. I missed the opportunity Saturday night and Sunday has started very unpromisingly :). When I get some time I'm going to try using frames from 3 avi's taken in fairly quick succession on Thursday. I'll report back on how it goes.

Archived