Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette: Ha top-up (5 1/2 hours)

Uranium235

Sorry! Yet another update of my Rosette, this time ive just topped up the Ha to just under 5 1/2 hours. This gave me enough data to use the high pass filter and two rounds of enhance local contrast (noels actions) plus sharpening - and sort out some of the stars affected by flex.

I havent had the chance to align the other channels yet, its something I can tinker with over the weekend. But if its clear tonight, I might add more SII and OIII if the moon isnt too close to it.

While the OAG is still away for inspection, I will stuff some foam into the finder bracket to give it more support before taking it out again. But I do have reinforcements en route in the shape of a Baader 50mm finder bracket, which should provide a firm grip on the finderguider.

NGC2244: Rosette Nebula

42x450 (Ha)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik314L+, CG5 GT

Thanks for looking ;)

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=81248&stc=1&d=1330772857

post-18171-133877740633_thumb.jpg

Cheers Tom ;)

I think this is most Ha data ive ever gotten for one target, so it stood up rather well to Local Contrast without introducing any noticeable noise. It probably has room for another little stretch, its just me being a bit on the conservative side with my processing.

Archived