Narrowband

Hello Stargazers

DreamchaserUK

Hello, I'm from North Somerset and I've been stargazing for years although without the aid of a telescope. Decided to invest in a Skywatcher Evostar 120 EQ3 2 after reading through some of the comments you guys had made helped me make my choice. I have it in mind to maybe attach my camera at some point although I still have a lot to learn about stargazing (and photography).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count"(FLO£19.95) is the best bit of imaging 'equipment' you could buy to help get you started. Tells you what you need and why you need it to obtain good predictable results - it will in fact save you money by helping you to purchase correctly from the start. naturally a lot of attention is given to data capture and the cost of essential kit and although there are plenty of free bits of software out there that are great to use, be mindful that there are also some useful additional 'toys' that will need to be paid for. Setting out the correct budget from the start is the way to go and this book will provide you with the necessary overview.

Clear skies

James

Archived