Narrowband

Noobie with a new toy

shellfish

lol set of 4 Plossl.... been reading up on the beginners post about eyepieces and did the math but had to look at budget and went for the best I could afford so got a 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 mm as a good starter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140603120885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

very cheep but for my level should give me a good start hopefuly.

I'm looking for somthing to start and last me 2 or 3 years till I find out what I realy want then I think I should have saved enough to give me a propper scope. EP set and maby venture into AP.. But I got so much to learn just now somthing cheep like these are ideal ;)

I understand the cheap til I like line. I was thinking the same myself until I read a few posts about how the cheap may intact deter as the quality won't be there. I'm not saying that these ep's are going to be bad but I came to the decision to get 1 good eyepiece to see what the difference is first. If after trying for a while with a more expensive ep I decided I don't want to waste any more time on astronomy at least I should have a better resale value. I don't know the setup you have but I would imagine it came with a couple of eyepieces included and possibly a Barlow. I don't think these plossls will be a huge leap forward from them and do you realy need so many? I know you have already ordered them and I honestly hope they are everything you hope they will be. More to the point if they are good let us know, I'm not shy about saving pennies ;)

WWWOOOO they arrived :)

Kids with toys...

Will let you know how they are Boa but I think you have a much better idea of all this and what you’re doing than I do lol. I thought about just getting 1 good quol EP but for the offer and price I figured even If I don’t succeed with this as a hobby I don’t think I will ever get rid of my stuff even if it’s just for eventually looking with grand kids lol...

Will let you know what they are like but it will be a noobie idea lol.... I still think its great just seeing things let alone judging the quality :)

WWWOOOO they arrived :headbang:

Kids with toys...

Will let you know how they are Boa but I think you have a much better idea of all this and what you’re doing than I do lol. I thought about just getting 1 good quol EP but for the offer and price I figured even If I don’t succeed with this as a hobby I don’t think I will ever get rid of my stuff even if it’s just for eventually looking with grand kids lol...

Will let you know what they are like but it will be a noobie idea lol.... I still think its great just seeing things let alone judging the quality :)

Dude I'm still a total noob as well lol. I read a lot on here and thats what helped make my decision for me. I hope they are a good step up :D

I await your review as to what theyre like as I'm not shy about grabbing a bargain myself ;)

Tried them out for the first time last night and they seemed ok....(not that I have allot to compare them to) got a good look at Jupiter and 4 moons and spent an age learning the names of the craters on the moon :D. I think for the price of 4 it was a bargain and has given me plenty of scope (pardon the pun) for really learning what I can and cannot do. It also means I now have a few years to save up for a good set up and by then I should know exactly what I want :headbang:

Happy hunting. Clear skies and good luck :):);):)

Tried them out for the first time last night and they seemed ok....(not that I have allot to compare them to) got a good look at Jupiter and 4 moons and spent an age learning the names of the craters on the moon :headbang:. I think for the price of 4 it was a bargain and has given me plenty of scope (pardon the pun) for really learning what I can and cannot do. It also means I now have a few years to save up for a good set up and by then I should know exactly what I want :)

Happy hunting. Clear skies and good luck ;):):(:)

If this was facebook I would "like" :D

My birthday on sunday so hopefully get to play with my ne ep then or soon after. Will let you know how that goes :(

OOOOOO happy birthday for sunday :D

I'll make sure I have a dram for you.... and me.... and us boath....and the both of us....ang you....ang mmmeeee......dig i hag on for mmmme?????? what agout on fog oooo toooo:):headbang::)....hic.... twoooo for meeee lmao.... hic....3 fotooootww22oo:):):);)

OOOOOO happy birthday for sunday :)

I'll make sure I have a dram for you.... and me.... and us boath....and the both of us....ang you....ang mmmeeee......dig i hag on for mmmme?????? what agout on fog oooo toooo:):hello2::)....hic.... twoooo for meeee lmao.... hic....3 fotooootww22oo:):D:):D

Lol nice one. Had a few last night, and a couple on Friday night as well.

Well the cloud cover has halted any play tonight but 1st impressions are good. It's big. A lot bigger than I thought it would be. I also got yet another scope and a couple of super plossls which also look rather nice but with the forecast looking poor for whole of week it may be some.time before I get to play with them. Will let you know tho and cheers for birthday wishes dude :-D

Archived