Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any astro socs or observing groups warrington

from experience...& reading reviews on this forum...you would do far better searching for a local observing-group... the "official-societies" seem to be far more interested in getting bums-on-seats for their monthly chats & maybe they'll meet somewhere on the 3rd Thurs. of the month to do some viewing...if it's clear...

Observing-groups tend to be much more friendly as well.... chance to try their eyepieces & filters in your 'scope..gotta save soma of ya hard earned...

your assumption is incorrect. ;)

Liverpool AS meet every Wednesday (open invite) and members night every Friday with an away trip every couple of months to Wales or the lakes.

We have over 200 members and a load of kit for society use.

Not Warrington but in Widnes there is Liverpool Astro ;)

The Liverpool Astronomical Society - Home

We meet at Pex Hill on a Wednesday evening if you fancy it some time. usually 7pm onwards.

MjrTom, didn't realise you were a member and go to Pex Hill!!! We even met at PSP11. I only live in Runcorn and keep meaning to get up to Pex Hill

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?12fhnu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry did not mean to sound so abrupt, yes its a great society and one of the largest and oldest (150 years old last year) in the UK.

If you are free one Wednesday evening pop up, there is usually at least 30 people or more which turn up during the evening.

Even if the moon is up we still drag out the 16" dobsonian for a bit of lunar observing.

We always have a few visitors that call by and the members are a friendly bunch.

The society gets a bit quite during the summer months but that is to be expected as it does not really get dark at a sensible hour.

EDIT:

MjrTom, didn't realise you were a member and go to Pex Hill!!! We even met at PSP11. I only live in Runcorn and keep meaning to get up to Pex Hill

Yes we did meet if I remember correctly, Were you in the main camping field? (terrible for remembering people ;) )I am up Pex Hill most Wednesdays irrespective of the weather. Call by and say hello if you are free some time ;)

EDIT:

Yes we did meet if I remember correctly, Were you in the main camping field? (terrible for remembering people ;) )I am up Pex Hill most Wednesdays irrespective of the weather. Call by and say hello if you are free some time ;)

Yep, I was in the camping field and got the same pitch this year. I'll see you at Pex Hill soon

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?knny2r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived