Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dalby Forest Star Party

Hi anyone else off the forums, going to this years Scarbough AS star party from Aug 17 thru 20th at Dalby forest?

My self and Chewy will be going along who knows the skies may even be clear by then :sunny:

Scarborough and Ryedale Astronomical Society

StartFest 2007

Friday 17th to Monday 20th August 2007

Dalby Forest, North Yorkshire

For details and booking:

http://www.baryte.demon.co.uk/astro/events/starfest/starfest.htm

I hope you guys who are going have a great time. This is the first year I can't get to Dalby, as I am to be in London on those dates.

I love the venue, it's a great atmosphere, and you are always mad welome by Rydale Society members. Plenty going on with talks, slide shows,

Richard Davis (Astronomica) doing the water bottle rocketry for the youngsters, that is always popular. Great skies if the weather cooperates.

Astromind quiz too is a popular event. Lots of rivalry. Plenty to see around the area too. I liked trips to Whitby. And to Grosmont from Pickering on N Yorks Steam Loco. Repair workshop there also for the engines and stock.

I am feeling very sad now, knowing I won't be there this year. Never mind, there is SGL 4 to look forward to.

Oh, and take your mountain bikes with you if you have one, it's great for that in the forest.

Cheers, and have a super time. I know you wil.

Ron. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well it is only two weeks this morning to the beginning of The Dalby Forest Astro Gargle Starfest :). Have rounded up the essential supplies Uri Gella and disposable BBQ's. :(

Whey Hey :whip2: Bring it on :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived