SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello to all in the Stargazers Lounge..Any 216XT Imagers out there?

PapaJ

Hello all.

I have been an amateur astronomer for some years, and have been very interested in the Universe at large (Deep Sky Objects). I had my first scope bought me at 8 years old, and since have progressed from a 2.4" refractor, to a a Meade LX50 10" as time and money allowed. I have an Observatory in Moray, UK and over the years have enjoyed many stary sights looking though "the time machine". I qualified in GCSE and A level Astronomy in 1988 and 1998 respectivley. My wife and stepson have an astronomical interest, yet here in Scotland winter nights and temperatures can take there toll. My wife and I have a holiday villa in Western Turkey and I am attempting to take out a Helios 6" refractor to view the dark, clear fantastic skies this August.

Over the past 2 years, here in the UK, I have battled the new housing developers, regarding street lights. I have 10....yes 10 in a culdisac, of which are all visible from my observatory. CFDS has been good on the information front, yet...as with all lighting issues..the local council are resolute and will not remove any.

My current interest is yet again imaging. I have acquired a Meade 216XT grayscale CCD which I have not had opportunity to use yet. I enjoy solar work. I have a Thoushand Oak's SCT filter and have had stunning images, which have amazed locals and family alike...although solar activity is quiet at present.

I look forward to any feedback, comments etc...and would welcome any 216XT imagers experiences. Clear skies to all:)

Paul

Hiya Paul, welcome to SGL. I hope you enjoy being here. I don't know the camera model either, but I am sure someone on the forum will have knowledge of It. I'm sure the guys here would love to see your images if you would like to post them on the site through Iseestars.

Cheers. Ron. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived