Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Processing guide: Registax 6

Just thought I'd share this link for a brilliant guide to planetary processing with Registax 6. The website is ran by a chap called Paul Maxson and I have found it to be extremely useful in getting to grips with Registax 6 and general planetary processing. I've posted the link a few times on the forum and it seems to get great feedback every time so thought it was worth posting here possibly as a sticky?

Hope this helps anyway as it certainly did for me!

http://www.sunspot51.com/Registax6/Registax6.htm

Cheers,

Will

That looks really good. One of the problems I have with Registax is that the learning curve is painfully steep. I'd only really just got the hang of the basics in v5 when v6 came out and the UI had changed sufficiently that I needed to start all over again :p

James

Yeah, that's is a great article. It's the wavelet settings that really made my day. As an example of how much it's helped me here's a reprocess of the same source data following this guide compared to my blind trial and error originally (probably with registax 5 to be fair, given the age of the data)

post-16299-133877741453_thumb.png

post-16299-133877741448_thumb.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting those two links guys, i'm just about to dip my toes into the ocean that is ap. I've got a webcam and downloaded registax 6, now i need to mod my webcam and then hopefully i can start recording some data.

Wish me luck, here goes.................

D.C

Archived