SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC-7331 Wide Field & Friends

qcdougn

With cloudy, summer skies I resolved to trying a re-edit of NGC-7331 taken in August 2006. This is a small target for a DSLR. But, it holds a lot of details for the right person skills and equipment. This is a composite of approx. 75- 30 sec. subs. I could have continued to play with the processing. But, wanted to leave it not looking so over-cooked. Below 7331 is also NGC-7335, 7336 and 7337. Also somewhere in here is Stephen's Quintet...

Images were taken with the Canon XT and LX-90 @ f6.3.

Doug

Well you may have missed the Quintet Steve, but what I do see is a real nice deep space image with an air of reality about it.

Your main subject is framed by plenty of nice stars and some other faint galaxies.

Very nice indeed.

Ron. :wink:

Awwww, I got close to the quintet...I wasn't sure where it was. Thanks for giving me the two-star markers.

Ron, you gave me the kindest and most appreciated comment about my image that I could hope for. Thank you.

Doug

Archived