Aldi 1st March - Portable power pack

gooseholla

Yup, I don't know if it is for sure, nor what cables it comes with - i'll be heading to aldi on thursday for sure to buy one. Even if it is cheap and isn't truly 17ah, you still can't really lose - especially as I observe for about 5 - 6 hours max.

i bought one of these last year when they were going around cheap, this year its not holding a charge for more than about 25 mins, i popped the case to look for bad connections and noticed the battery was split, i'v never banged or dropped it.

i suppose it was a case of luck but i certainly wont be buying another, the battery looks to be a very poor effort for quality, piddly little thing in the bottom of the case.

I was tempted by this offer but only briefly - I then went back to my original idea of getting a kit that's designed for golf trolleys, which includes a 22Ah Lucas AGM batter, a three-stage charger and a ballistic nylon case with shoulder strap. Twice the price of the Aldi thing, and you'd have to get some of Andy Ellis's power cables, but a whole lot more convincing for observing in the field.

Surely, Rols, you should have used the three year warranty?

i'm not sure if the warranty would have covered the battery? maybe.

i was quick to remove all the bits i was never going to use to be honest so voided my warranty the day i purchased it, if anyone needs a casing or any of the spares from it pm me and your welcome to collect them if local (Northampton) maybe some of the ports would be a nice upgrade to one that works properly.

it was no joke when i said i would not invest in one again, very poor build quality when you open it up, although saying that what can you expect for the cost, quality batteries are not cheap and they made a whole lot of product for a very little amount of money. I went and had a chat with Bedford batteries and they gave me some fantastic options with a fast charge gell pack that seems to be well worth the extra money.

Archived