SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Antares Sentinal 80

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaz, I didn't know you had an 80ED.......is this a new development????

Was it new or SH? And what do you reckon to it? I didn't give mine a chance plus i had my heart set on the C8 anyway. I could tell it was a great device for imaging, even only using it once.

Russ

Holy smoke check this scope out.......i'm in love......i want it now!!!!

And only $798 for a flourite...WOOWWOWOWWOW

Wonder what you could get it back in the country for. No wonder WO weren't worried about selling off the rights to the Zenithstar, they had something far better waiting in the wings.

http://www.william-optics.com/wowebs/prod_tel/zsfd80/features0.htm

Russ

That focuser is a thing of beauty....no wonder William Optics have such a formidable reputation!

That is one of the most beautiful scopes i've seen. Forget looking at the sky, just put that in the lounge and stare at it all night.

Russ

Ian King is already selling this scope for £649. It has a TMB Flourite lens with 2 speed microfocuser. Serious bit of kit.

http://www.iankingimaging.com/show_products.php?category=64&offset=10

As the blurb says "5yrs ago who would thought you could own a flourite refractor for so little money". They do a 105mm version btw....hmmmmmm :clouds1:

Russ

You've made it when you own a flourite.

Someone at my local club owns a Takahashi Sky 90 and it is one of the most beautiful scopes i've ever looked though and that's any aperture. Saturn was mind boggling sharp...distinctly better view than the 14" LX200. So crisp, so sharp, amazing contrast...i'm not doing it justice. Plus it blew my ED out the water...big time! That's flourite for you, no wonder they use it in toothpaste :clouds1::clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds1: :clouds1:

Russ

I can almost hear russ drooling as he typed that!!

Sounds like a serious bit of kit....

Yep, i drooled all over his 27mm Panoptic eyepiece :clouds1:

Gaz, i've always thought the same. £1500 for a 90mm scope (OTA only).......i could have a Meade LX90 for that or a SH LX200 10" (which i did buy). But when you do look through one, it's a case of that is totally unreal...just can't possibly be that good. Plus they sit so nicely on a Vixen GPDX. I sold the LX200 soon after.

Russ

I know what Russ means,

I was fortunate enouth to view the Double Cluster thru a 5" TeleVue .... it was stunning! 

Theres a purity to the image and the way it snaps into focus is very impressive. 

Hasn't tom.yates got an APO?  And isn't he bringing it to the Star Party? 

Steve :clouds1:

I've done some research:

I now think I was wrong to suggest there might be differences in quality between the various versions. 

From what I can tell, in this instance, the only things to consider when choosing a badge is - which diagonal is included, which badge will be the easier to resell and how good is the suppliers back-up service ... oh, and price :clouds1:

Steve :clouds1:

Archived