Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clear skies tonight?

Flaxinator

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was staying at friends on Saturday, the sky looked really clear but I didn't have my camera or bins on me. Annoyingly it was cloudy when i got back to Hampshire on Sunday.

Remind me again why I picked a hobby that relies on clear skyies? Something the UK isn't well known for!!

I had clear enough skies on Saturday that I managed to see the Whirlpool Galaxy and the Cocoon nebula, albeit in a typical faintly fuzzy way.

(I may have to revisit these objects soon as I viewed them after spending all day at a wedding AND celebrating the Welsh rugby win... Maybe I dreamt that it was clear and I saw those things. I felt a little, ummmm, 'tired' yesterday!)

But seriously I had the clearest skies that I've seen for a while and even managed to find a little detail on Mars.

skies started clearing on sunday afternoon, just some thin high cloud, decide to put my scope out, still light outside, viewed the Moon, saw venus thru the trees and had a good view of Jupiter and three of her moons, went in for dinner, came back 45mins later and it had clouded over completely, I'm sure someone has a cloud machine and turn it on when i go in for dinner:(

Archived