Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear skies tonight?

Flaxinator

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scope cooled and ready to go, mount tracking the moon for some filming after dinner.

%$£"!*& it where did all that damn cloud come from, went out the front and it's as far as the eye can see.

I wouldn't mind but it's been clear all day long. :D

Moon was looking really good tonight as well!

AAAARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Had the scopes out cooling down all day ready, Just started to polar align them as I still hadn't had a clear enough night to do it. Just about got the 120 done and then those damn clouds rolled in.

Going to leave them out and hopefully the cloud will clear, but this weather is really getting me down.

Still good enough to check out the moon and Venus with my bins though

As soon as I pointed the bare mount North the clouds rolled in and haven't budged. I've left the mount and a couple of scopes outside just in case. Same happened last night as well, got 3 subs on M81 and it clouded over and then cleared up when I was too tire to wait up any longer !

talked too soon, was out for 30mins before cloud rolled in. Just managed to see Venus, Jupiter and the moon with naked eyes, no point putting scope on them as I have trees to the southwest of me and could only see them thru the trees :D

Left scope out, will throw tarp over it if clouds dont go. will try and see if clouds have gone at 1am and take a peek at mars and saturn.

Clear here ATM. Though looking at the temperature reports on accuweather.com for all the nearby towns, it seems that 10 miles away is cloudy.

The temp. Here is reported as 0° whereas just to the south it's 6°

It seems the clouds dispersed in Reading sometime early on during the night. I woke up at 2am and looked outside to see it clear and Mars standing high in the sky. I spent just over an hour observing Mars and Saturn before the clouds returned to remind me it really was time I went back to bed.

Glad I made the most of it, the BBC weather indicates it's now going to be overcast for the rest of the week here.

Tyr

Archived