Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

Matthew

Triple Crown Winners

TRIPLE CROWN WINNERS!!!.Fingers crossed for the grand slam..........CYMRU AM BYTH. I wish i went to the pub now !!!!!

I love match days NO traffic its always 24/7 by me in Llandaff WELL DONE HOPE WE GO ALL THE WAY Lenny

:D

Tough call at the end for Strettle, but let's be honest, he's always going to claim it was a try and with so many bodies around the ball I'm not at all surprised no-one could tell if the ball was touched down, by whom, and where. From the footage I've seen I think it's hard to make a case for a try.

James

Wasn't the best game Wales has played lately. As usual, a reasonsible match was let down by Steve Walsh decisions (poor excuse for a Kiwi), which to be honest were equally bad for both sides.

Watched the latest pitch side camera footage, which wasn't available at the time to the TMO, and I would say the Welsh were lucky - normally in RFL the decision would go to the attacking side, and I think the ball did ground if only for the briefiest of moments.

Northern Hemisphere rugby still has a long way to go. :D

Edited by dcwales2012

I agree James I've seen no evidence that shows downward pressure/ clear grounding of the ball his arm was under the ball the whole time and when the ball touched the ground it was the wrong side of the line,but fair play to England they threw everything at us.How can they class Steve Walsh as a international ref ??????

Northern Hemisphere rugby still has a long way to go. :D

well Wales lost to S Africa by the tightest of margins after being the better side for 90% of the game, Ireland beat Australia pretty convincingly and New Zealand (despite admittedly being the best side in the world for the last decade at least) won the World Cup because the gutless Craig Joubert would not call a penalty in the last stages of the WC final when France were the better side on the day

NH are still behind but not by much at all- for what its worth the way Wales played in New Zealand I think they could have won the WC. NZ without Carter are not the same side either.

Rant over - back to astronomy - apologies

That was one brutal game. England did their homework on us to stop our strike runners (for most of the game) but our class prevailed :-) I fear for players today because the game is getting more physical with bigger and bigger hits and surely there's only so much the body can take.

I thought wales were fantastic to front up and not get bulldozed (contrary to what the press were saying beforehand) and as for the Strettle attempt - I don't know how downward pressure can be applied if the hand is underneath the ball?

Edited by Mr Flibble

Well done Wales:D:D, i feel for England but only a bit:rolleyes:. The was it was it not debate will rumble for a while yet i bet. but to draw they would still have had to kick the conversion. can you imagine the pressure on the kicker ........but we will never know.

It was a great game and I think Wales 100% deserved the win.

That nonsense with the Strettle "try" at the end was pointless. The rules state there must be downward pressure to award the try, and due to the laws of physics, downward pressure isnt possible when your arm is below the ball.

Roll on Italy!

Great day - Triple Crown, Chicken Dopiaza and clear sky for first time in weeks. Can only get better by arrival of my scope - and another 2 wins!

The rules that state there must be downward pressure to award the try count where the ball is loose

if a ball is loose over the line you need to put pressure on it but if it is carried over by an atacking player it only needs to touch the floor no presure needed

see rule 22.1

There are two ways a player can ground the ball:

(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and

touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in

the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.

(:( Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the

in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of

the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive

http://www.irblaws.com/downloads/EN/Law_22_EN.pdf

did it touch is still up fro debate i believe it did take a look at this screen shot ball on ground no welsh hand near it. 2hours 15mins 18 secs into the BBC broadcast available on iplayer. and before anyone says it the hand that is behind the ball is two feet away and not involved. so much for video evidence.

and before anyone says sore looser :D "my team won". as i said earlier England would still have had to kick the conversion.

post-13529-133877737435_thumb.jpg

The rules that state there must be downward pressure to award the try count where the ball is loose

if a ball is loose over the line you need to put pressure on it but if it is carried over by an atacking player it only needs to touch the floor no presure needed

see rule 22.1

There are two ways a player can ground the ball:

(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and

touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in

the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.

(:) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the

in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of

the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive

Its frightening how long I've been watching rugby and yet I don't know simple things like this. Maybe one day I'll actually read the rules :(

I've looked at it again and I can confidently say without any doubt that the ball at its lowest point was 2.376mm above the tallest blade of grass. Honest :D

Its frightening how long I've been watching rugby and yet I don't know simple things like this. Maybe one day I'll actually read the rules :)

I've looked at it again and I can confidently say without any doubt that the ball at its lowest point was 2.376mm above the tallest blade of grass. Honest :p

David, I think if you take another, closer look, you will agree it was actually 2.523mm clear of the playing surface...