Narrowband

ISS sighting

thudbruiser

I don't like to assume it's known.

Either Heavens-above, register & put your location details in. It's tells you visable / non visable passings if the ISS : http://www.heavens-above.com/

Also if you haven't download Stellarium, again add your location & turn on Satellite passings. It only gives a 10 min warming of the ISS, which is why Heavens Above is so very useful for the forecast.

Between both, you'll have plenty of notice, on when, how bright & what path it'll take.

Cheers.

Lovely sight, and absolutely perfect timing. I was showing some friends the lovely line of moon-venus-jupiter, and pointing out the Earthshine on the moon, when it sailed past. We were looking down St Peter's Gate towards the square, so it was beautifully framed by the townscape.

Lovely sight, and absolutely perfect timing. I was showing some friends the lovely line of moon-venus-jupiter, and pointing out the Earthshine on the moon, when it sailed past. We were looking down St Peter's Gate towards the square, so it was beautifully framed by the townscape.

I agree AliMac it was a great site as you say with the trio in line. This is what its all about. Do you know any good dark sites around us as I'm in Carlton your side of town?

Dave

I'm pretty much a back garden man, but I imagine you'd find some decent dark out towards Southwell. Maybe around Kelham. The problem is you need to get a good ten or fifteen miles away from the conurbation, and with my measly 90mm of aperture it seems a bit of a waste of petrol...

Archived