Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

31 hour M81-82 in the Yvesmobile.

ollypenrice

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh I see. I didn't realise that it was a mosaic. Good work on that Ha layer to blend it on. I had to layer mask in a lighten blend mode to just get the Ha effct without the background noise in my last mosaic. PS to the rescue, I just don't know how to do it in PI, yet anyway.

So are we allowed some inside info on what the next project is?

Can't wait to see it.

Tom.

Ahh I see. I didn't realise that it was a mosaic. Good work on that Ha layer to blend it on. I had to layer mask in a lighten blend mode to just get the Ha effct without the background noise in my last mosaic. PS to the rescue, I just don't know how to do it in PI, yet anyway.

So are we allowed some inside info on what the next project is?

Can't wait to see it.

Tom.

So much to learn!

We're taking an initial look at NGC4559 but it's small and faint, even in the big scope. Well placed, though. You can start early and run all night.

Olly

Deep stuff Olly!!

Thge performance of the mount is making me consider getting rid of my AP1200 and getting one of these TBH!!

The black lines you describe sound like an issue I had with my H18, which was caused by the anti-blooming gate being set too hard. This only really showed up in binned mode too.

Cheers

Rob

Yes we did modify it, I turned the gain down, then it was still there, but less, but in the end we decided to go bin one and Olly turned it back up :D

We never did recheck, I think we can do 5 minute bin2 for color without running into the overload issue ...

But this image is done with 15 minute subs for LRGB at bin1 ... and It seems to be ok :(

I'm processing now, boy Olly you did some magic!

Harry thanks for the tutorials they are superb, never thought mosaics are that simple.

Yves.

HI

Yes Pi does mosaics very well indeed , not very hard is it :(

Try my vid on adding Ha , this works very well :D

Harry

Yes we did modify it, I turned the gain down, then it was still there, but less, but in the end we decided to go bin one and Olly turned it back up :)

We never did recheck, I think we can do 5 minute bin2 for color without running into the overload issue ...

But this image is done with 15 minute subs for LRGB at bin1 ... and It seems to be ok :)

I'm processing now, boy Olly you did some magic!

Harry thanks for the tutorials they are superb, never thought mosaics are that simple.

Yves.

So hang on, is there a problem on the image as posted? I haven't seen anything
I'm very confused - I know I'm certainly not an expert in anyone's definition of the word, but I can't see any problem at all with this either - It looks phenomenal to me :D?

Hmmm PI and Ha. Well, Harry, the issue is this; it is one thing to apply the Ha so that it's correctly wieghted into the red and there I'm all admiration for the PI guys. But then there's the issue of structural detail. To me, the Ha carries some key structural information and this needs to go into the image as structural detail, not just as colour. So I feel I need to process it for sharpness and contrast in the way that I'd do for luminance only more so, since the red will dilute it. Note, I would absolutely not use Ha as luminance. I don't do that. Can I continue to do this separate prcoessing in PI?

Beulah, Ive been called many things but 'genius' would not represent a majority opinion!!! However, thank you.

Nick, you are right. Those spikes! Yves, I'm thinking of cutting throught the spider vanes. If you don't agree get back to me urgently...

Olly

Harry, slow down, I just did L and now doing RGB :(, not even combining those 2,

that I probably do in PS ... getting anxious to get a result ... and learning and new software and new source material is getting a bit to much ...:D

Yves.

Hi

I have every faith in you :)

Harry

Harry, slow down, I just did L and now doing RGB :(, not even combining those 2,

that I probably do in PS ... getting anxious to get a result ... and learning and new software and new source material is getting a bit to much ...:D

Yves.

Yves.

Yves, Harry's an evangelist. He never slows down!! (Look at that drag racing helmet... He's methanol all the way!)

Take your time, Yves. I spent several days on this at the computer (but then again I'm a bit dim...) At least I don't have a proper job.

Olly

There you go Olly, see what you can do with a 'proper' telescope :D

The clarity between the galactic boundaries and the deep space beyond and surrounding is lovely. Like a photograph in good daylight if that makes sense.

Keep it up :(

Archived