Hi from london need advice!

andrewcampbell2003

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome.

Seems a shame that very few replies to this thread actually answer the OP's question.....:D

Andrew, there are a few good spots in my area (Sussex) but I'm afraid nowhere in SE England is totally outside the LP trap. A lot depends on what form of transport you have (and how much you want to spend travelling!). Ashdown Forest is quite a good area but the nearest stations (East Grinstead, Eridge and Crowborough) are some miles off from the best spots...

• 3 years later...

Hi Andrew,

Greetings from South-West London! Enfield is a little outside of my stomping ground, but there are a few places I could suggest:

• Epping Forest is a possibility - gets pretty dark in there
  • Get out to somewhere like Rye Meads - nature reserves with parking and no street lighting
  • Rural Essex or out in the Chilterns; somewhere like Ivinghoe Beacon?

Hope that helps,

DD

Hi Andrew

You're not far from the Lea Valley, runs up between Waltham Cross and Waltham Abbey. Could be doable if you have transport... and as had been said, you're only a short hop from Epping Forest. Chingford Plain is a large open space so should be ok although it's been quite awhile since I was there at night (on an mtb night ride so not really comparable to being static). High Beech may be too well lit and not as open as the Plain. Both of these are within the Forest.

I'm in Leyton btw :)

Oh.... and welcome!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived