Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Celtic Deacon

Another q about skyliner 200p

Thanks for all the advice & suggestions so far, I shall be ordering this scope soon. The information about the scope says it has a direct slr camera connection. I've read that this type of scope is not great for imaging - what does this connection do? (Don't laugh!) Will my Nikon 3100 fit and can I expect anything from it? Not that bothered really, I haven't mastered Photoshop so Regstax is probably beyond me.

Thanks

I've seen some pretty good photos taken with this telescope, maybe not the experienced imagers first choice but certaily one worth having a go with.

you should with the right t-rings be able to get some nice shots of the moon. you can't do long exposures on this mount but it is possible to take moon shots and to webcam planets.

Edited by rowan46

It'll get you the shots of the planets,moon with some detail. If your happy with just getting the shot,yeh it'll do. Stars don't like being photographed with a Dob.