SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Now this is a BIG scope !

John

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, but he needs to sort out a better method of viewing, that ladder looks too dodgy for mem perhaps build some sort of climbing frame on wheels, and a comfy chair to sit in.

Dont think the OH would let me have that, already pushing it now.

Got the new scope yesterday, and her first words when she got home, was "Why have you got two telescopes"

If you have gone to that expense why not a tracked hydraulic viewing platform with comfy chair, perhaps he has not thought of it yet, lucky man though to have a scope of that caliber and a superb location to go with it by the looks :D

If you have gone to that expense why not a tracked hydraulic viewing platform with comfy chair, perhaps he has not thought of it yet, lucky man though to have a scope of that caliber and a superb location to go with it by the looks :D

An guy sitting comfortably on an armchair on top of a hydraulic platform viewing through a 48" dob. I'm sure that would be an amazing sight by itself.

May be add a small hut on top of the hydraulic platform, with heating, a mug of tea and a small window for the eyepiece and focuser.

An guy sitting comfortably on an armchair on top of a hydraulic platform viewing through a 48" dob. I'm sure that would be an amazing sight by itself.

May be add a small hut on top of the hydraulic platform, with heating, a mug of tea and a small window for the eyepiece and focuser.

I'd go for a tot of malt whisky instead of the tea :D

Pfffft, no Telrad.

:)

Can you imagine the size of the Telrad you would need to be anywhere near aligned? PMSL :D

To concur with some of the posts above, if you have got the funds to go that expense, surely a better viewing platform would be spare change?

Archived