Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

dweebostar

4TH Galloway Starcamp 14 nov 2012

Hi,

I have just managed to get my tent cleaned and dried out after the Galloway weather did its best to soak it through.

It is now packed up in the garage, ready for SGL 8 at Lucksall in March 2013.

I have packed my scope and gear in the car and heading to Snowdonia for the weekend, meeting up with Reg and Janet.

DAG (Dacorum Adventure Group) are having their Christmas Dinner on Saturday night after a walk up Snowdon.

Anyway, trust everybody has managed to get their gear dry and looking forward to cold crisp nights............

Cheers

Adrian

Finally got time to put my images from Galloway into an album. All single frames (apart from the Jupiter stack of course), no darks or flats yet, just getting to grips with getting everything. Hope I've done this right, first time I've posted images on SGL :huh:

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Great shots.... must have been Saturday night!!!!!

It just shows what a really dark site like Dunroamin can produce.

Keep taking shots like these.

Cheers

Adrian

Tom those pics are pretty average if you ask me :laugh:

Quite a bit of Atmospheric distortion in some of them ?

Edited by smudgeball
  • Like 1

Tom those pics are pretty average if you ask me :laugh:

Quite a bit of Atmospheric distortion in some of them ?

No more Tunnocks Teacakes for you, young man! :grin:

• Like 1

Great images Tom. That's a wide range of targets in just one (excellent) night and you can rightly be proud of them. I particularly like the one of Jupiter.

Great images Tom. That's a wide range of targets in just one (excellent) night and you can rightly be proud of them. I particularly like the one of Jupiter.

Nice Images Tom, its good to see that breeze on the Saturday night didn't spoil any

of your images.

Kathleen

Hi Tom,

Great shots.... must have been Saturday night!!!!!

It just shows what a really dark site like Dunroamin can produce.

Keep taking shots like these.

Cheers

Adrian

Thanks for the kind comments guys, much appreciated! Really enjoyed Dunroamin, looking forward to more star camps and to improving on my imaging techniques over the coming months.

Cheers,

Tom

Seem to recall some small talk at the Nov Star camp of a another star camp meet at Galloway in the Spring, Anyone able to update the situation on that ???

it might be worth contacting Lesley at the camp site.

I've not heard from Steve for a while but I was in contact with Lesley at the campsite this last week and she said she had some enquiries I suggested the weekend of the 6/7th or 13/14th of April to her if she got any more interest.

This is of course at the same time as Kelling but I think a bit nearer for you guys in the North

I cannot make it this springtime I'm afraid.

I would contact her and start a fresh thread on here if you can agree some dates and keep it as an informal gathering.

Steve

PS Steve if you see this I hope I'm not stepping on your toes if so let me know

• Like 1