SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

4TH Galloway Starcamp 14 nov 2012

dweebostar

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks,

May I take a minute off the important topic in life ( whiskey ) and instead become boring.

Mike has asked me to ask if anyone coming to Galloway has a spare RCB protected electrical lead, to help out one of our attendees to get hooked up to the camp electrics.

Incidentally, we have had plenty of rain earlier today, but it stopped raining about 18:30 just as Eggheads on BBC1 finished!!!

When I told Mike that I could see two stars, there was roars of laughter from him.......

Within a few minutes the skies started to clear seriously.

It has been great seeing the Milky Way and Jupiter. As per usual it is very dark.

Tom, Glenmorganie is in effect the astronomers' whiskey of choice, because Glenmorganie in Gaelic means "Valley of Tranquility". ( see Moon for explanation!!!! )

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian, I've booked an electric hook up and a cable from Leslie, Iv'e just bought an RCB lead myself so the one ive booked will be available, if you can speak

to Leslie im happy to let the lead go, im booked Friday and Saturday only though. booked under my name Stuart Duff. 07970 429 608

Hope this helps.

Stuart.

@ Mike & the advance party: Glad to read you've had some clear skies already. I've just got back from a 30 minute traffic jam on the Runcorn-Widnes bridge, where there were some good breaks between the clouds. I had time to look around and I think I just about saw Orion's belt through the light pollution - if I used averted vision. So enjoy those dark skies - I really envy you!

@ Rob: I've flashed the firmware onto my EQ6 so may need your advice on how the new polar alignment thingy works.

See you all on Wednesday all being well.

Jonathan :)

Morning All,very wet and windy night,rain stopped now and hopefully the strong wind will dry the site out.

Site coping very well with moisture.

Did have some viewing last night for about an hour and a half,new mount working fine!

Ah well breakfast calls,see you all soon,

ATB

Mike

Hi David where ya been,drink involved,as to who is coming most csper`s usual suspects,Galloway regulars, and a sprinkling of newfaces,hope yer supply of entertainment is up to scatch! :grin: :grin: :grin:

See ya on wednesday,safe journey,

ATB

Mike

Hey Mike, be good to catch up, not looking too great atm, but looking forward to seeing everyone. We may hang off till Thursday - see how the weather goes, that marquee of mine is a devil to put up in the wind lol

David

Hi All,site update ---wet underfoot so waterproof footwear a must ,also make sure you have plenty of groundsheets,the field is very wet but draining okay,it is still blowing a hooley from the southwest,so make sure you have spare guy ropes--common sense i know-but you know what thought does

Dry for most of the day but a heavy shower this afternoon blotted the weathers copybook,presently not raining ,overcast

Will post again about 11pm.

Safe journey to those making the trip tomorrow,

Any questions just post and will get back to you asap.

ATB

Mike

Hi Mike & Adrian,I've managed to gather some bits to make up a rcd power lead so I will be ok.

I hope to arrive around 2-3 o'clock to get tent up before dusk.

Really lookin forward to 5 nights of starcamp & meeting old friends & new.

See you tommorow.

Goodluck tonite!

Kenny

Hi All,

I've got everything together and I'm looking at it all thinking "How am I gonna get this all in the car!!!" To be sure the Jaffa Cakes and Talisker will not be left behind.

Google says its 5.5hrs, but im sure we can shave a little off that so hope to be onsite around 3ish tomorrow.

See you all soon

Out of interest there are 32 pitches taken and 2 static caravans too,,, sewe all soon

cheers steve

Hi Steve Just packing the car now m8.

Hope to see you mid afternoon if the sat nav keeps working

The power point presentation I'm preparing should not cause any deaths. However there may be one or two walking wounded :-)

Joe + Ali

Morning All,wet and windy on site!!!!!!-----BUT not as wet and windy as yesterday.

Site very wet underfoot but coping well,wind breezey occasional gusts,from southwest.

Galloway erection crew on standby for new arrivals----actually were still in our beds. :Envy:

Safe journey to all travelling today,will update around lunchtime.

ATB

Mike

Archived