Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

M 74 GALAXY

This has to be one of the hardest i have tried being faint although at mag 9.8 it has always been a hard one to get , even with the fast star it took 60 subs of 50 second each to capture this amount of detail , but i,m happy , Celestron gps 8 at F1.95 .processed in Maxim and PS .

ROG

image.jpg

:shock: Excellent work Rog thats an amazing image as always :shock:

James :clouds1:

WOW rog, that certainly looks like a very bright core compared to the outer arms. You've done blumming well to get the arms!

Ant

yea i know Ant , i wondered why you dont see this one much on forums lol i have since leant that this is one of the hardest messiers to get, so i,m really chuffed i got this level off detail ,

Cheers

Rog

Well Rog you have out done your self again.

Great image.

Could you possibly process it in colour then post it as i would love to see that version?

TRIED jAMIE . BUT DUE TO THE LACK OF THE OUTER ARMS CANT GET THE COLOUR RIGHT SORRY FOR THIS TIME , IF I CAN GET A BETTER IMAGE IT WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE , ITS SUCH A HARD ONE WITH A SIMPLE WEB CAM TO GET , BUT I WILL TRY AGAIN

ROG

:clouds1:

I'm playing around with a colourisation algorithm as a distraction from my disseration, it looks a little over processed at the moment but seems a pretty cool technique, as soon as I understand how it works I'll try and extend it and hopefully offer an online version :clouds2:

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the Image ediited by Grant only desaturated a little and the Black Levels changed, Grant is there a code for Saturation? if so you may have cracked it!

James

yep can easily link some desaturation code in there, trouble is the colorisation code is in a form I can't use for web-based stuff, so I'm looking for an existing solution that I can hack together, failing that I'll print out the journal article this research comes from and have a crack of doing it myself :clouds2:

This code you have can you not open it up in something like a HEX editter?

James

I've posted a link to a program that does this in the links section, I googled it and they had already beat me to it.... it's not geared specifically towards astro images though so there may still be room for my idea :clouds2: