Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fireball in the sky!

Bried

Hello there, I just wondered if anyone saw a huge fireball thing streak across the sky just below the plough at around 10:50 this evening? I was in Eccles near Manchester and was wondering if anyone else nearby may have seen it.

I am inclined to think it was some kind of firework as it looked huge. The only thing was is that it was coming downwards and it really didn't look like a firework. :)

It didn't look like a usual small shooting star but more like a huge meteorite streaking down! I'm hoping that it was a meteorite but I am sure there is more boring explanation.

Anyway, would be great to know if anyone else saw it and if so what their opinion is on what it was.

Brian

They come in all sorts of sizes, it was probably a meteorite. I saw one of the fattest tailed ones I've ever seen pass the plough last night. Strangely enough, I also saw two shooting stars fly across my view in my finderscope tonight. :)

Hello there, I just wondered if anyone saw a huge fireball thing streak across the sky just below the plough at around 10:50 this evening? I was in Eccles near Manchester and was wondering if anyone else nearby may have seen it.

I am inclined to think it was some kind of firework as it looked huge. The only thing was is that it was coming downwards and it really didn't look like a firework. :)

It didn't look like a usual small shooting star but more like a huge meteorite streaking down! I'm hoping that it was a meteorite but I am sure there is more boring explanation.

Anyway, would be great to know if anyone else saw it and if so what their opinion is on what it was.

Brian

ohhh I was imaging over there at that time - hope I got it!

edit - meh, no I wasnt over far enugh :(

Archived