SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Weather looking good for tonight

freelander86

right, back out in to the freezing cold, will report any good sightings when i get back in. good luck to everyone, make the most of it, might not get another clear night for a while.

I cheat and stay warm.... I remote into the PC in the observatory and leave it to do it's thing :):(

just ran off two hours worth of subs on M81, whilst also watching the film on TV :p Here's a screen dump from the remote PC

post-23388-13387773382_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good night so far, jupiter, venus, orion nebula, mars, now just waiting for saturn to shows it face and the night will have been a great success. first time i have set up the goto mount tonight, just used the scope manually before, AMAZING once it is set up correctly. Also i don't know what i'd do without stellarium,fantastic bit of free software.

GOOD GOD! If I get to that stage its become more than a hobby!

Why do u use sharpcap with that view? Are u watching the camera remotely too?

To be fair I miss going out under the stars as I've been unwell, but doing things this way means I don't miss out on nights like these.

I use sharpcap with a web cam to monitor the scopes position and to make sure non of the cables get fowled on the mount, or the scope snagging something.

Archived