Weather looking good for tonight

freelander86

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just about defrosted from my first session tonight, good views of jupiter and venus,ready for next session, now for mars and then saturn around 1.ooam ish.

are we right in the head, why don't we find a hobby we can do in the warmth.beats me !!!!

...around 1.ooam ish.

are we right in the head, why don't we find a hobby we can do in the warmth.beats me !!!!

Its great to be different! I was wondering when was the best time to view Saturn? I recall last year it was best about 6AM but its difficult to view this winter???

Hi all,

Waiting a few weeks to get my 200pds on HEq5, so i bought my little girls a 60mm Refr. Skywatcher, showed them Jupiter, although small, amazing for them to see with Venus nearby, My 5 year old loved it "That's amazing!" were her first words, I am sure I saw 4 of the largest moons too! Please correct me if wrong! as just learning, and it was my first night with a scope, but worked out a few of the constellations, saw the orion nebula!

I am no longer an astro virgin lol!

Clear in south devon for the first time in ages. Unfortunately I feel terrible today and am not able to get out.

Typical, i haven't had the chance to try my goto mount yet and they have started switching off the street lights in my town.

Been out since 7pm, clear skies all the way but a little windy so some shaky view at times but still the best I've had since getting my scope last weekend.

I had great views of Venus, Saturn, Orion plus great nebula and have just spent some time with Mars. I dont really know the skies that well yet so did quite a bit of floating around looking at lots of wonderful stuff, unfortunately I dont know the names of much of what I looked at. I did try for the great nebula in Andromeda but couldnt locate it.

Will pop back out later to try for my first sight of Saturn.