SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astrofest 2012 - brilliant

I enjoyed my day out at Astrofest. It was my first time there, so nothing to compare it with. It was nice to drool over some lovely astro kit. Yes there weren't too many offers, but there were some. We didn't buy anything but we weren't specifically looking to buy. And yes it was busy on the Saturday and a bit difficult at times to get round with a pushchair/toddler but it was better than I anticipated it would be! We also bumped into a few fellow SGLers. It was nice to chat and catch up a bit with the people we saw.

Having read about a few people's recent negative impression at astrofest, I'd just like say how much I enjoyed it. Sure it's crowded and the lectures had sold out by the time I rocked up but it was fun perusing all the astro finery, even if I didn't buy much.

Well said. Thanks for the positive slant. Hopefully the organisers will see that our suppliers and their customers would like more space, but there is always a financial aspect to consider.

This was my post in one of the threads I think you mention - http://stargazerslounge.com/2155718-post17.html

Archived