Narrowband

2011 Lunar imaging showcase

MartinB

Please use this thread to showcase your best images captured during 2011. Just one post per member but you can include up to 5 images if you want.

The thread is for all imagers novices and advanced. Hopefully we will be able to do the same again next year. Over time we will be able to see the progress which is being made by individuals and as a forum.

Please keep details to a minimum - scope and camera possibly along with a few comments.

The thread needs to be packed with images so please don't respond to the postings

My best effort from 2011 has to be this:

steve-1962-albums-moon-picture15864-langrenus-vendelinus-petavius.jpg

Taken in August 2011 this is Vendelinus, Langrenus and Petavius taken with a QHY5v with a 742nm IR pass filter through a "first time out" C9.25 and a TV 3x Barlow on an NEQ6.

I was amazed when it won Sky at Night's photo of the month in Feb 2012.

post-148-0-28357000-1353767295_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

My first shot of the moon taken on the 5th December 2011. I'd literally just brought the scope that day unpacked it & put my phone to the eyepiece.

IMAG0486.jpg?t=1325163166

• 1 month later...

A project that took ages to do, but I'm glad I did it. I've got a few renditions, but this is probably my fave...

moonmonthcircle8flatearthuk.jpg

Each moon is a full frame from my SLR, the entire image is 23,000 px's square. The earth at the centre is courtesy of NASA, I wish I could have taken that image myself though to make it all mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this was one my best captures of 2011 it is a mosaic of 10 panes captured with my spc880 and 127 mak each frame was processed in registax 5 and put together with microsoft ice, hope you all like.

Regards

Ben :hello2:

post-24720-133877783437_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived