Earl

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please excuse the poor quality of this Image but /sigh

1. Red Green and blue dots?

2. 2 Reflections....again..

3. UFO

Corners start lower Left and go clock wise around.

You will notice the left is iffy the right is ok.

Main Star is Pollux

post-19346-13387773383_thumb.jpg

post-19346-133877733837_thumb.jpg

post-19346-133877733841_thumb.jpg

post-19346-133877733847_thumb.jpg

post-19346-13387773385_thumb.jpg

send this pic to a newspaper and there'll be an uproar tomorrow around the globe!!!

:)

Yep, can't possibly be anything else :(

Earl - the scope looks great. That focuser is gigantic - do you know if the scope supports full frame DSLRs without vignetting?

All the best,

Mike

send this pic to a newspaper and there'll be an uproar tomorrow around the globe!!!

:)

If you look closely im sure you can see a little hand waving....

I am curious as to what it is, as I cant find anything in that area to match it with.

Hi Earl - Just a rough guess...

There's a brightish star almost under the reflection of Pollux - If you extend the line of the reflection from Pollux, this little green man seems to be roughly the same distance away from the main reflection/that star...? If you look very closely at your close up, there seems to be a semblance of a hemisphere about it... (Or maybe that's a shockwave as the little green men try to get out of your frame!)

Yep, can't possibly be anything else :)

Earl - the scope looks great. That focuser is gigantic - do you know if the scope supports full frame DSLRs without vignetting?

All the best,

Mike

having the longer, bigger focusser should help with using the larger chip cameras and cutting vignetting.

got one of these scopes on order myself, just waiting for a new shipment to come. all of the last batch have sold

Earl, I just PM'd a thread where Altair quoted spacing and thread sizes to one of our members, hope it helps.

yeah those numbers dont add up, the flattest image I have so far is by using

20 mm chip to filter, my filter adds 7mm then an 11mm extension + 1mm for the adapter for a total 39mm then add the m48 adapter provided on the scope.

Strange

Overall im very happy with this scope, focusing is a dream, really smooth, and the focuser sits rock solid, Well worth the price.

Anyone looking to get into astrophotography this scope is probably the best bang for buck i have seen for some time.

Apologies if this is a silly question but what is the reason for the critical distance?

Does the image have to focus on the reducer which, in turn, has to be exactly the right distance to the sensor for focus on the camera?

Thanks,

Lee

Apologies if this is a silly question but what is the reason for the critical distance?

Does the image have to focus on the reducer which, in turn, has to be exactly the right distance to the sensor for focus on the camera?

Thanks,

Lee

If the distance from the reducer to the CCD is not correct, the stars stretch on the edge of the image

I have the 110 ED from Altair Astro which appears to come with the same reducer. Will have a good look and must investigate this further.

Will say that the focuser is great and the lens is excellent and that on my brief visual try out it performed very well.

Roll on clear skies.

Archived