Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CCD/DSLR experiment + various WIPs

Uranium235

Well, its been so cloudy for far too long now so I thought I may as well post what I have for now, along with a little tester in regard to blending CCD and DSLR data.

Shibby was kind enough to let me have a go at blending his DSLR data from IC410 (tadpoles) with my Ha data. Easier said than done because of the difference in star sizes between Ha and RGB, the blue stars also had a small problem with halos so I had to try and kill those at the expense of star colour.

Anyway, we managed to get our own individual versions done. Still not happy with mine, mainly because of the said work I had to do on the halos and a bit of colour noise (would improve with more subs) - but its a definite option for quick colour with CCD resolution. Looks like my 150P/1000d is going nowhere soon!

The WIPs are bits and bobs that have been interrupted by extended periods of cloud (like we're having right now!).

Thanks for looking! :icon_scratch:

Rob

IC410

Shibbys version

attachment.php?attachmentid=79689&stc=1&d=1329299912

My version

attachment.php?attachmentid=79694&stc=1&d=1329300101

HH Nebula (WIP) - Slight flex problem, hence off axis halo.

attachment.php?attachmentid=79691&stc=1&d=1329299998

Bode's Nebulae (WIP) - Starting to look good, but need to top up the colour and add more Ha

attachment.php?attachmentid=79692&stc=1&d=1329299998

IC1396 (WIP) - Missed it for this year now :) will save the data for later in the year.

attachment.php?attachmentid=79693&stc=1&d=1329300101

post-18171-13387773216_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877732171_thumb.jpg

post-18171-13387773218_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877732187_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877732196_thumb.jpg

Rob, thanks for posting them up, and for letting me have a play with your data :icon_scratch:

As can be seen, although my version looks more colourful, the detail & halos are much better in yours. I certainly think that the combination of the two is an interesting result when compared to either set invidually (particularly mine!)

Although I only have a DSLR, an Ha filter is now on the wishlist anyway..!

Thanks guys, with a bit of luck I will be out tonight to top up two or three of these targets. It depends on how quickly I can get this OAG up and running, but as we all know - adding somthing new to your setup isnt always a straightforward process. So i'll approach it as logically as possible and hope for a bit of beginners luck :)

Great stuff.

The blue star halo thing with the Tadpoles; it looks to me as if you've used Ha in the Luminance channel there? I prefer to add it to red in blend mode lighten. You won't get the halo effect that way.

To restore star colour you can put the RGB image underneath then select the stars in the top HaLRGB layer, small expand/feather, then erase to let the RGB through.

Olly

Archived