Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thank you for your application for CERT/ Astronomy Cert/UCLAN Preston

sanmatt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to sign up for this for a while...... I'd been putting it off for various reasons.....

But applied for the Certificate of Higher Education in Astronomy Course - VSASTR511 last week and got accepted yesterday...........

Really looking forward to doing this course which will fill in those cloudy nights, hopefully i'd like to carry on and do a few more!!!

Do you automatically get put into the right module? So far all I have seen suggests you register for a course rather than a module?

PS Unconditional offer here too pending payment and docs emailed in :)

There's going to be quite a little crowd of us, isn't there? :)

James

Which course are you on, Stephen? Just 501? I went for 501 on the grounds that it's just one module and I've been out of formal education for almost 25 years now, so I probably need to ease myself back in gently :) If it goes well then I might do more next year.

James

Which course are you on, Stephen? Just 501? I went for 501 on the grounds that it's just one module and I've been out of formal education for almost 25 years now, so I probably need to ease myself back in gently :) If it goes well then I might do more next year.

James

Well the intention was 501, but at no point in the application process did we state that, it was simply CertHE Astro (which is the course, not the module.)

Yes crowd indeed :) I started OU last year, but after a bit of soul searching decided this is what I wanted to do (to degree level) as it's not really going to change my career even if I pass it :)

Good to see there are a few peoples brains to pick.....

Looking at their pricing structure ( two sets of fees)...... I think you can do an indivdual cert in Astronomy, Cosmology or Astrobiology then use it to go for the Cert HE later which incorporates these modules....... and save some money?

I don't think anything wrong has been said in any of the above posts, but at what point did we say "I want to do 501" ?

During the initial application process, after clicking submit, you should have recieved an email with the following content

Course Applied For: whatever your course was

Application Type: DL - UG Distance Learning Courses

Campus: 9

Name: Northern Monkey

Previous Surname:

DOB: xxxxxxx

EMail Address: P

revious Attendance:

UCLan Student ID: G2058xxxx

Banner Application Number / Term Code: 1 / 201213

I selected the wrong course initially, so mine reads

Course Applied For: VSABIO501 - Certificate Astrobiology

I then emailed asking to change course, and recieved a reply

Dear Geoff,

I have now amended your details on the system to reflect an offer for Cert in Astronomy instead of the Astrobiology. The fees for this course remain the same.

Regards

Archived