SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thank you for your application for CERT/ Astronomy Cert/UCLAN Preston

sanmatt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sad to say my application for Certificate in Astronomy has been a bit of a shambles I applied 26 June and am still not accepted! In spite of numerous follow up emails and calls, I do know I have academic acceptance because I got a got a friendly email from Prof. Bromage.

Applied for Certificate in Cosmology and accepted paid £475 as I live abroad. Got the Kindle version of the book and worked my way through it - excellent.

Received two emails regarding Cert in Astronomy this morning.

The first with an unconditional letter and how to enroll instructions, the second with Uclan user name and password and details of how to install the UCLan computer applications which I duly did successfully, although I've just noticed as a distance learning student I should not be able to!

Followed the instructions on how to enroll

'Sorry but you are not eligible to use online enrolment because:

At this time the system does not record you as eligible to use this service. Please contact your school on 01772 893312, or local administrator for further instructions.'

Frankly words fail me.

Sad to say my application for Certificate in Astronomy has been a bit of a shambles I applied 26 June and am still not accepted! In spite of numerous follow up emails and calls, I do know I have academic acceptance because I got a got a friendly email from Prof. Bromage.

Applied for Certificate in Cosmology and accepted paid £475 as I live abroad. Got the Kindle version of the book and worked my way through it - excellent.

Received two emails regarding Cert in Astronomy this morning.

The first with an unconditional letter and how to enroll instructions, the second with Uclan user name and password and details of how to install the UCLan computer applications which I duly did successfully, although I've just noticed as a distance learning student I should not be able to!

Followed the instructions on how to enroll

'Sorry but you are not eligible to use online enrolment because:

At this time the system does not record you as eligible to use this service. Please contact your school on 01772 893312, or local administrator for further instructions.'

Frankly words fail me.

I am in the same situation as you (studying 2 modules). I believe they are used to people only doing one module. I'm sure that it will all be resolved before we start...

On that note, does anyone know when we start?

the course starts the 10th october and there's a few issues with the uni network system, its a mix up with the fee's but you are enrolled so dont worry about it and sanmatt an old forum member is the course rep At least, she's supposed to be for the distance learning lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite the opposite, I think :) They've dropped us in at the deep end with co-ordinate systems and measurements etc. I don't have a major issue with the maths, but I get the impression a few people have had a minor panic. I'm struggling to get my head around visualising the mechanics though, particularly the "First Point of Aries" and how that relates to the celestial sphere and so on.

James

That sounds worrying. Do you think its just a case that the early parts of the course are maybe a little poorly constructed, or is it a case that the course assumes a high level of understanding from the outset. Not suggesting you guys arent of a high level of understanding of course.

Archived