Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet your gutted Paul I would be.

I'm going to try a bit of viewing tonight as its really calm here although the moon will be out I should be able to get some good views of Saturn.

A few wispy clouds here and there but I'll at least do a good comparison with the 8mm tv and bst eyepieces.

Yeah it was Wednesday like a search light!

Will have to have a look at Wales and maybe get in touch with some of the group down there for some advice as I keep seeing their threads for meets?

Super moon looks great but not very good for DSOs. Just got back from a few drinks with misses so not gonna get scope out. Good luck Damian hope you ave better luck than last Wednesday. :smiley:

Damn bad news Paul, should have double checked. Better luck next time.

Lots of wispy clouds about last night.

Got some good viewing on Saturn and gave the tv eyepiece a good run.A marked difference especially the 100deg fov and the stars being pin sharp across the full field.

Can't wait for the moon to disappear!

They are a big investment, and my focuser is nearly at the end of its travel before I get focus with it? Not sure why that is?

I'm doubt the cost would be worth it over the ES one you've already got crash.A bigger mirror is better investment ;-)

They are a big investment, and my focuser is nearly at the end of its travel before I get focus with it? Not sure why that is?

I'm doubt the cost would be worth it over the ES one you've already got crash.A bigger mirror is better investment ;-)

Do you use the focuser extension piece as well Damien?

With a 30mm 100° i would be able to get the who north america nebula in it and the pleides.i considered a 25mm 100° too and have used the 20,14 and 9mm and tbh they dont inspire me too much as when im looking at sonething i either want a wide field or a zoom,not both at one time.i think 82° is sufficient most of the time tbh.

I agree on the wide field or zoom bit crash but its the sharpness of the view why I got it.

So it should be for 10x the price (if you buy new) of the BST's I've been using.

I do think the 100deg fov enhances the experience basically because its like looking through a window with the BST's (60deg fov) but the tv seem's like you've opened the window and put your head through it to me.

I can't see them from here crash! Mercury is the hardest to see I'll have to look a bit harder!

Sky is well clear up here though shame the moon will be up and ruin it all soon!

Brecon beckons national park or Anglesey is where u wanna be going in Wales let me know when your going and I will join use.

Went out last night and tried a little more at guiding and can't get it going at all is so frustrating where can things just be so easy.

I would've tried a little viewing last night but I'd got my girls so had a quiet evening in.

I've read the beacons are good so maybe look into going down there Kieran and the more the merrier.

If the weather stays good today I'm going to try and get out later just to look at Saturn again and maybe try picking up Jupiter mercury and Venus but probably impossible from my back garden.

What auto guiding equipment did you get Kieran?

Ive heard that the south views from the beacons can be hit and miss with light pollution.anglesey i would have thought the southern views would be slightly light polluted but snowdonia to the south would be much better for that area.

Archived