sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Just got home,  met up with Kieran when I eventually found the car park, set up my scope and started to do an alignment , noticed how badly out of collimation my scope is he very kindly checked it with his laser, it is way way out and still is, as we could not  undo the centre screw on the secondary mirror holder to bring it somewhere even close,

Have  had a proper look now at home, screw head is shot, so now need to work out a way to get it out and then put a replacement in, am open to suggestions, have tried every size of Philips driver I own,

Thanks for trying to help mate, enjoyed the chat and even though I could not do any observing I learnt a few things, also saw a first for me, a satellite that you can see is visibly spinning.

Will have to do it again sometime

Leigh

Just got home, met up with Kieran when I eventually found the car park, set up my scope and started to do an alignment , noticed how badly out of collimation my scope is he very kindly checked it with his laser, it is way way out and still is, as we could not undo the centre screw on the secondary mirror holder to bring it somewhere even close,

Have had a proper look now at home, screw head is shot, so now need to work out a way to get it out and then put a replacement in, am open to suggestions, have tried every size of Philips driver I own,

Thanks for trying to help mate, enjoyed the chat and even though I could not do any observing I learnt a few things, also saw a first for me, a satellite that you can see is visibly spinning.

Will have to do it again sometime

Leigh

No worries mate great to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to advice given to me by Damian in a PM, have managed to remove the secondary mirror screw, manage to get a finger print on the mirror though so will have to clean it, I know how to do that,

Am now thinking as the primary does not have a centre spot, would it be worth while I am at it, removing that and dotting it to make setting everything back up easier?  I think I know how to do that, have read up on it.

Leigh

Great images Kieran, plenty of hours work gone in there.

Glad you managed to get the secondary out and sorted Leigh, hope you manage to sort it all back together again and if you need help with collimation you know where we all are.

Outstanding pics as always Kieron :-)

Looking quite good for tonight. Off to Dr a Who special at the cinema (GEEK!) then might try for a couple of hours in the garden - first free night for ages. Hope I can remember how to use the scope and which way you look in....

Glad you managed to get the secondary out and sorted Leigh, hope you manage to sort it all back together again and if you need help with collimation you know where we all are.

not put it back together yet need to get a new screw for it, luckily one of my customers at work is in the business of selling various fasteners, will ask them on Monday if they got any similar, am sure they will have

hi guys havent been on for ages lot of problems at home wife has left me and our son just walked out  need to sell my scope so if you know of anyone wanting a skywatcher 130p 

and a synscan mount plus every thing else let me know 

hi guys havent been on for ages lot of problems at home wife has left me and our son just walked out need to sell my scope so if you know of anyone wanting a skywatcher 130p

and a synscan mount plus every thing else let me know

Sorry to hear that Dean. As Sammy says hope things will look up for you soon and a shame you have to sell up. Pop down to the meeting one night if you can.;-)