740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Jeremy remember I have a spare dish, just need to connect it up and build a mount for it that can swivel and tilt. Will need a satellite finder as a signal detector for the dish then all the computer program needs to do is assign a number to the strength of the signal then assign a colour to the number to build up a picture. Sounds easy but prob isn't!

Complete forgot bout that, I was just looking at camping satellite dishes on eBay, wonder if one of those mounts might work, will speak to my dad see if he has a spare one :) just don't know if it'll be alt-az adjustable.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

ill be there on the 9th - must remember to upload my revised membership docs to the google drive before then!

soupy, is tthere an internet ready pc we can use to access the goole drive, or should i print it all out beforehand

Yes Nick will have a computer, will use my school login to access Internet so should be able to get google drive up.

i'm also up for a session after the meeting as well but can't be up too late as I have to be up very early next day for hosp. do I need to ask for keys to Parker road, or are we thinking of going to winscarr?

fingers crossed you can sort out laptop Kieran, you might just have to stick to observing for the mo :tongue:

Just checked on google maps, winscarr is about 18 miles from the school, approx 45 min drive. I am easy for either but if people want to go to Parker road I will have to ask for the keys and book it in advance so will need to know before the night. But it all depends on the weather anyway :tongue:

Edited by Soupy

Welcome Hazegood! Our numbers are swelling and our empire expanding to the great Beeston metropolis ;-) Great to have you on board.

Pretty sure I can make it on 9th Sept, though might be a little late. Is it 7.30 or 8.00 start? Can't remember....

Also up for an obs session afterwards if it's clear. Either Parker Road or Winscarr fine with me - ill probably have the car so can give lifts.

soupy, I;m going to struggle to get out and about after the meeting due to a very early start the next day, losing 2 hours of observing to travel time would mean no observing - but would love to spend an hour or two at parker road to flex the dob out a bit and if any of the new guys want to poke their faces in and have a look too - more than welcome to share my scope!

In fact if either hazegood or destris do want to come along and do a bit of observing afterwards, I'll squeeze my astromaster and eq mount in the car and take both.