SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great first meeting, guys - a pleasure to meet you all, and thank you Will for sorting it out!

Looking forward to the next meeting of WAG (Wakefield Astronomy Group!) on Monday 15 October at the New Wheel (which, incidentally, is a very, very nice pub). Hope we can get even more people along!

Hopefully more turn up. We are not all knife wielding psychopaths. Even though I do have a long black coat.

I may add.... Free membership!

That should work lol

Turn up. Could be a fun evening sat under the projector while some football is on. :grin:

Hi guys,

Really sorry, but can't make Monday after all - have to go away for work.... But hope lots of new people turn out!

Note for people who didn't come last time: these are good guys, and there's not an axe-murderer in sight ;-) So join them on Monsay evening at the New Wheel pub in Wrenthorpe. Good beer, too.

I'll be there in November, assuming there's another meeting - keep us posted. And let us know if anyone's going off observing - my Skywatcher 200 is getting restless to be used...!

Steve

Sorry I was AWOL from SGL and didn't notice the meets. I will definitely try to get to the next one.

In regards of a local AS, I know there is one in Leeds and West Yorkshire AS is based at an observatory in Caslteford (don't know if its still running though). But I'd be happy to help kick off WAG :D

sent from Gherkin Muncher mk .III (commonly known as a Galaxy S2)

Archived