Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Motor drive power units

Sully

Can anyone tell me if there's another way to power the skywatcher motor drives, cause the battery malarky is working out to be a pretty dear do, and rechargables aint cheap either.

I have seen a plug in 6 volt DC supply in Maplin, I have outdoor sockets, and was wondering if anyone has tried these as an alternative. I'd rather know in advance before I blow the unit up!

Thank for any advice.

Sully

I'm powering my EQ3-2 motors (the add-on ones) from a 6V wall-wart transformer. Seems to work fine for me. The only issue is that it must be able to supply enough current. The first one I tried couldn't and as a result the control would sometimes give up altogether.

James

The Skywatcher power tanks have 6v coaxial outputs, they start at about 50 quid for the 7aH one.

Any of the Maplins power supplies with a cigar lighter output can also be used with a 6V cigar lighter lead - you can get the cables from eBay with selectable voltages.

Tim.

Hi Tim

Could you point me in the direction of the eBay seller and product? Bewildering array of cables on offer and couldn't find one with a selectable (non 12v) voltage? I'm about to get a dual axis drive for an eq5 and have an automotive power pack with a cigar lighter output I'm hoping to use. Thanks! :icon_scratch:

Archived