Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Tim

Atik 428ex Unboxing

"Unboxing" - Seems everyone is doing them, so here goes;

A few days ago my Atik 428ex arrived. Here it is in its box:

post-14037-13387773182_thumb.jpg

And here it is out of its box:

Piece of cake this unboxing lark :)

post-14037-133877731828_thumb.jpg

Awww , straight to the money shot Tim :)

You could of kept us in suspense a bit longer :icon_scratch:

You could of kept us in suspenders a bit longer :)

I would have Steve if I'd known you wore them :icon_scratch:

He He :icon_scratch:

That looks lovely! :) Happy imaging with it :)

Hmmmm so thats why its been so cloudy this week :icon_scratch:

Hopefully you will get a chance to use it in anger at the weekend. Is that the mono version? If you could do a couple of tests to see how much more sensitive it is than other cameras it would be very interesting.

Hmmmm so thats why its been so cloudy this week :icon_scratch:

Hopefully you will get a chance to use it in anger at the weekend. Is that the mono version? If you could do a couple of tests to see how much more sensitive it is than other cameras it would be very interesting.

Yes, mono version.

I will post up a full review when I have had a chance to get to know the camera properly.

I've just packed up my previous camera which has now sold.

Have to say I am really reluctant to see the old camera (285) go, but needs must. I just hope the new one lives up to the old one's standards.

Hi Tim,

I am looking for an upgrade to my 16ic. And would be very interested in seeing your first light images.

I've just packed up my previous camera which has now sold.

Have to say I am really reluctant to see the old camera (285) go, but needs must. I just hope the new one lives up to the old one's standards.

Looks like I missed picking it up, 285 based cameras are pretty rare on the second hand market!

Hopefully the newer 674's will be just as popular.

All the best,

Mike

What technique did you use for the selotape Tim, did you just pick at it and then tear it off, use scissors or a stanley knife. I worry about tearing the box.

I use a hairdryer to warm the adhesive Martin, then a razor blade to lift one of the corners. By taking your time you can gradually peel the tape off and stick it to shiny paper so that it can be re-used.

People used to laugh at me when I told them it took me 7 hours to undo a parcel, but then the recession came and I'm not the one spending £1.50 a year on Sellotape, they are not laughing now.....

And here it is out of its box:

Piece of cake this unboxing lark :)

Aaaww Tim! I'd sat myself in the comfy chair, put my feet up and opened a bag of popcorn :(

I use a hairdryer to warm the adhesive Martin, then a razor blade to lift one of the corners. By taking your time you can gradually peel the tape off and stick it to shiny paper so that the parcel can be can be re-sealed for the original recipient.

I can tell you used to work for the Post Office! :)

Edited by MikeWilson

If you opened it from the bottom Tim , people would wonder how you managed to open it without breaking the seal on top.

An evenings entertainment there for a budding Magician :)

Hmmmm, there is more to this than meets the eye.

I am going to have to do a complete re-assessment of the whole boxing/unboxing operation using statistical analysis. Perhaps then the many opportunities that are otherwise being missed will be quantified, prioritised, rationalised, and deliberated.

This is going to take some time of course. I shall report back when my findings are complete. I'm just off to order a few reams of printer paper for the report.