SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1000th member in cyber space

spacehopper

Hi, I'm Spacehopper, The name came about as I am a bit large around the mid section, but I'm glad to say I don't have the ears to hang on to ! I'm from nottingham in the Hucknall district & recently got into this hobby via my brother-in-law who has also just become a new member known as Rob7, Rob7 sold me my first telescope about 5weeks ago for £35 to see how I went on & since that night we have both gone the way of the vampire, venturing out until all hours of the morning, studying our astronomy books & bouncing information off each other, while we are very green at all this science we have seen some fantastic things the first of which is the moon & studying area were the Luna landings happened, then we've seen Jupiter & its moons, Saturn, Venus & we have just figured that we have been looking at NGC 6210 a planetary nebula. We have also seen many satellites flying about and 1 UFO, I say UFO because we both have no idea what it was we saw, we figured out satellites but this was moving at about the same pace but had a periodic flash, so it would go flash flash(white light) then move across the sky about 10 degrees then flash flash (trust me it wont a plane) ? Anyhow I have just upt my equipment to a skywatcher Startravel 120 refractor scope along with a set of eye pieces & filters & will continue to upgrade as my knowledge improves. On a final note to my introduction I would like to thank Steve at F.L.O for his help and advise & wish him all the best on becoming a Dad again.(all the best Steve)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Spacehopper... What an entrance... 1000th member, congrats.

I did ask on the SGL if the 1000th member might be getting a free Celestron C14 Scope... but nup :wink: nevermind, I tried :cool:

Matt

Archived