Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS OAG setup questions

Uranium235

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to be clear, you still need to focus the imaging scope at the start of each session.

(well actually the CF tube I have is often at focus night after night, but it always needs checking and double checking just to be sure.)

What doesnt need adjusting and altering each time is the focus for the guidecam.

Better than that, you can take the assembly and use it in any telescope you wish without major alterations too :icon_scratch:

I usually set reducers/correctors at 55.5 - 56.5mm, which allows for the extra focal length of the filter.

The new TS OAG has a shoulder around the guide stalk thumbscrew. I replaced my standard screws with solder tipped ones thanks to an SGL mod :) and the three around the M48 fitting I swapped to allen bolts.

Looking good for you, now all we need is the weather to play ball!

Tim

I'm thinking of buying one of these but I was put off by a post that said it was flimsy and didn't have many threads to screw into. After reading this thread I'm starting to be convinced though.

Also what is the telescope side fitting, I'm not clear on that. I need T2 male for the filter wheel and T2 female to fit a Badder MPCC telescope side.

Thanks,

Rob

Archived