Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Flyingpig

Interested in joining a new Warwickshire observers Group?

Hello everyone!

Great to have a dark spot location which hosts the Milky Way :) I thought I would have to go upto the Peak District to see it.

I am really interested in coming to a few sessions, the one in Sulby Farm would be ideal as my dad knows the location/whereabouts.

Can you please keep me updated Flypingpig about future events? I still need to purchase a good beginner telescope first though :)

Thanks for setting up and organising this,

Scott

Scott - even just going to view is brilliant & quite eye opening, as to how bad light polution is as home.

I went with a camera & lens the first time.

:) I will hopefully convince my dad to get there. When is next planned for the Sulby location? Also is anywhere a little closer to Hinckley / LE9 planned in the future? That way maybe I can get there without my dad taking me.

Next one for sulby is tomorrow, if you let Phil know.

I work in Hinckley !! I hear it's fairly dark, now the perimeter road lights are being turned off ??

Hi Scott,

I'm going to be sending you a PM in a moment. Would be great to have you come along you don't have to wait till you buy a scope- why don't you pop down and have a look through our scopes you might even get a better idea of what you would like after trying out a few different scopes in the field. A few of us are hoping to be meeting at the Sulby Farm tomorrow night.

Take a look at our website at Central Midlands Stargazers

Phil

Yes, Hinckley is much darker now and Blaby council have turned of most [if not all] of their lights.

Tomorrow is to short notice unfortunately, especially as its Mothers Day. Is there another planned date for the Sulby location?

Thanks Flyingpig, I'll definitely come along. Can't wait to come :)

We try to meet up most weekends especially if the skies are clear.

We're currently searching for a dark site in the Market Bosworth area - Perhaps this will be closer to you once we have located a suitable site and gained permission to use it.

Phil

I can't say I've noticed much difference in the light pollution from Hinckley. It still looks as bad as ever from where I am.

Hi Phil,

I'm interested in joining your observers group. Would it be possible for you to let me know the details of the next planned meeting please?

Hi Kylar

No problem your welcome to join us, we are meeting tonight.

I have sent you a private message. In the mean time please visit the website via the link in my sig below and from the Home page you will find a link to the groups yahoo forum.

Phil

Nice little site. I hope to pop along at some point, it is quite far for me roughly 50 miles one way. But I'll make an exception for guaranteed good weather :D
Perhaps we South Brummies need to share transport or simply take it in turns to drive each other to the various venues? The problem will be transporting equipment as well as people of course, but many of us are, I suspect, just starting out on that score. I know I don't have much yet (getting back into astronomy after some years) and am hoping to get equipment advice during these observations.

Just a thought :)

Edited by IanLinux

Perhaps we South Brummies need to share transport or simply take it in turns to drive each other to the various venues? The problem will be transporting equipment as well as people of course, but many of us are, I suspect, just starting out on that score. I know I don't have much yet (getting back into astronomy after some years) and am hoping to get equipment advice during these observations.

Just a thought :)

Not heard from this group for some time now.

On Yahoo Groups, they met last night, search

CentralMidlandsStargazers

Friendly people... bit of a trek from Brum tho so I'm waiting till nights are longer.