Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

steppenwolf

What, Steppenwolf doing Lunar imaging?

Steve, you are cracking up. The sooner you get to those dark skies, the better :icon_scratch:

PS. dont tell anybody but I also did some lunar images the other night.........

Nice images Steve, love the colourful moon :icon_scratch:

I read somewhere about being able to use cropped video mode using a lower resolution has the same effect as increasing focal length?

Very nice images, i have a 600d and have captured a short HD video of the moon with the camera attached with a T adapter and have tried to load the video into registax and it doesnt recognise the avi, am i missing something simple or can you not load the HD vidoe into registax?

Thanks

Ben

Just tried this out in the house and I get 30 FPS on both my Desktop and laptop that I use outside.

Once these pesky clouds ****** off and the moon comes out, DSLR instead of the Webcam will be getting tried out.

Maybe saturn/Jupiter will look good

Paul

I like it, Steve. Lack of colour makes me disappointed with my DMK lunar images. You get stonking resolution (even when, like me, you don't know what you're doing) but I so miss the colour. I suppose you could use RGB filters but I haven't got into that side of things lunar.

Olly

Maybe saturn/Jupiter will look good

Paul

I was wondering this, anyone tried it?

Hi Steve

Have sent you a PM re 'Making Every Photon Count'.

Thanks!

Baz