Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Location Location Location

How many of you moved to an area beacuae it has a dark sky reputation or very near to one?

I keep looking at properties mid Wales and being fortunate enough to be self employed from home its easier to do. But dark skies are almost the same excitement as aperture.

I get away to visit friends etc I find the muddy orange sky really disturbing.

Olly

That is interesting you should say that.

My skies are not too bad and a short drive gives me good skies.

I do find when I am in some of the bigger cities much the same thing. Disturbed is a good word (I probably am anyway :)) along with intense claustrophobia.

I don't think we have much understanding at all about the impacts of LP yet.

I'm in much the same situation, Frank, albeit a little further west.

My wife jokes (I think :) that I'll get a nose-bleed if I have to go into Taunton. In fairness I admit that it would actually be relatively easy to go for several months without leaving the property. I do occasionally have to go to London for work and despite the fact I spent a year working in the City I find it a very unpleasant experience now.

James

JamesF

No-one could pay me enought to move back to a town

Did 20 years as an IT contractor, traveling from Cornwall to Scotland and a few longer trips - Its hard work here, but quality of lifestyle is unbeatable, total privacy, and just sitting outside of a night time, priceless.

Taunton, is that a town, lol, might drive to Somerton, and thats it.

How many of you moved to an area beacuae it has a dark sky reputation or very near to one?

I keep looking at properties mid Wales and being fortunate enough to be self employed from home its easier to do. But dark skies are almost the same excitement as aperture.

We moved from the Midlands to a dark sky area of Mid Wales four years ago. Although dark skies were a factor, lifestyle, scenery and community were also considerations. Due to work- I can't be here all the time-but when I get back it's fantastic. No regrets moving here at all. We don't get Olly's weather- but then he doesn't have to back in the office by 9:00 am Monday!

Dscf4741_edit.jpg

Archived