Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light....With A PST

Greg

......And it's been mostly cloudy:rolleyes:

Sorry it's all my fault.

The wife bought me a PST for my birthday and it's been on the patio, in between the clouds and rain..:)

What a cracking bit of kit. I've borowed and used the CaK PST before but apart from a quick peek at star parties i've never reall used Ha one in anger.

My eyesight is quite poor so a little re-training is required to pick out good detail on the surface, but the prominances are stunning...

Experimenting with eyepieces, the best combination for me seems to be a 20mm with a barlow as this gives you good eye relief and good detail..

I'll be experimenting with some imaging using the Atik and will post up any successful images in the imaging section.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a report on the Cak PST... If I can find it I'll post the link..

In short no, I couldn't see much, but my eyesight is poor and the view does depend on you eyesight being good. You almost need to be dark eye adapted as its a very dim image in the viewfinder.

I think it's more suited to imaging unless you have very good eyesight.

Greg.

Archived