Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL7 Bring and Buy sale :)

Ant

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daz,

I was thinking of buying a Numax Connect & forget automatic battery charger.

Voltage: 12V

Output: 10A

Application - Leisure - Motor home and caravan batteries

Apparently, they keep the battery in top-class condition.

So, if you have moved away from battery technology, have you gone electrical

with a 12 DC volt converter?

I was thinking of only using solar energy, until it was pointed out that the sun does not shine at night!!!

Cheers

Adrian

Anyone fancy taking on an equatorial platform project that I started but never got finished? I can bring it along for a try out. The north and south bearings are in place and it can be hand pushed but there is no electrics or drive motor. The dob in the picture is a 10".

post-16474-133877744601_thumb.jpg

post-16474-133877744611_thumb.jpg

If anyone fancies doing it the old fashion way I have a pair of

140mm diameter aluminium setting circles that I no longer need.

The RA circle is unused,

the DEC circle was drilled to fit the mount I used it on.

I can`t remember how much they cost new,

but make an offer if interested.

post-16474-133877744882_thumb.jpg

I'm also going to be selling my almost new Pentax K-R DSLR with twin lens kit (18-55mm and 50-200mm). I brought this last year but have barely used it, I checked yesterday and I've taken less than 600 shots on it. It's in great condition, comes in it's original box with all accessories etc.. plus a 16gb SD Card and a T-Ring adaptor for astro-photography. I thought I would mention it here first before sticking it on eBay - I'm looking for £400 - PM me if you are interested and I will take along to SGL7...

Hi Daz,

I was thinking of buying a Numax Connect & forget automatic battery charger.

Voltage: 12V

Output: 10A

Application - Leisure - Motor home and caravan batteries

Apparently, they keep the battery in top-class condition.

So, if you have moved away from battery technology, have you gone electrical

with a 12 DC volt converter?

I was thinking of only using solar energy, until it was pointed out that the sun does not shine at night!!!

Cheers

Adrian

HI Adrian

Yes, I have a bench transformer in my obsy. I bought the battery on the off-chance I would go to places without any juice!

I am now too reliant on the mains so no point in keeping it!

I got tied up at the weekend on other stuff, but will do a piccy and let you know the make/model of the charger as well

Hi Daz,

I thought you may have gone down the Bench transformer route.

I use a Rapid 25 Amp 12 volt DC Inverter for home use and where there is juice. Far better than the Maplins 5-in-1 battery!!!!!

Because of the graceful light pollution in my area, I plan go to non-electric sites in Hertforshire (some hope!!!) to stargaze.

If you cannot find the time to do the photos don't worry, I won't hold it against you.

Just bring the battery and charger and we will proceed from there.

Cheers

Adrian

I might be selling my tal 100rs and/or AZ4 mount. Both only used a handful of times and in near perfect condition. I will probably bring them along but not set up. Feel free to ask me about them.

I might be selling my tal 100rs and/or AZ4 mount. Both only used a handful of times and in near perfect condition. I will probably bring them along but not set up. Feel free to ask me about them.

I'd like to have a look at the AZ4 unless you get a firm offer for it (or unless Mrs AWR finds out).

Thanks,

Andrew

Archived