Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL7 Bring and Buy sale :)

Ant

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few things for sale

1. An old EQ4 mount with single axis RA drive, ali tripod, polar scope, 1 counter weight, eyepiece tray.

Basically an early model EQ5 on an ali tripod. It's similar to phil's but with a few scratches and cosmetic marks. One wing of one of the tripod's wing nut has snapped, but it could still be tighten. One of the threaded hole in the tripod tray has worn. I think my name was written on one of the tripod legs with permanent marker when it was kept in my old uni's Astrosoc's storage locker, but it has been taped over with red reflective tape.

Looking for around £130

It was my light weight travel mount until it was replaced in its role by my GP2 about a month ago.

2. Pentax PF80ED-A spotting scope. OTA only. Boxed. Include stay on case. Takes standard 1.25" astronomical eyepiece, secured using a twist lock mechanism. Water proofed and N2 purged. 1 cosmetic scratch on the hood/dew shield.

Looking for around £500 or swap with a Borg 77EDII

Currently my main grab and go, but selling to fund a light weight scope that is solar wedge compatible to complement my SM60 on my Venus Transit trip.

Other small bits

1.25" eyepiece projection unit. T threaded. £5

Scopeteknix 0.965"-1.25" eyepiece adapter £10

Celestron E-Lux 25mm £15

Celestron 6x30 finder £15

Celestron Xcel (old) 10mm. Coating on eye lens came off during cleaning plus 2 hair lines scratch. £20.

Since car space is limited, I'll need to know in advance if anyone is interested in the EQ4. I'll probably take the PF80 anyway, but not original box unless someone showed interest.

Due to a couple of hiccups along the way, it looks like my 200P is available still, however please read the following carefully :headbang:

Skywatcher 200P Blue OTA

- NO focuser (replacement was not suitable)

- No finder

+ Bobs knobs primary and secondary

+ Uprated springs

+ Tube rings and dovetail (seen better days but work fine)

Minor scratch on primary, has not been visible visually or whilst imaging.

Needs a new home, I'm tripping over it :D

£70

or swap for an X-Cel LX 5mm

If anyone has a 5mm type 6 Nagler for sale i will gladly take it off your hands.

There is one on UK Astro Buy & Sell at the moment. I'd be interested but I've recently acquired a Pentax XW 5mm instead.

If anyone has a 5mm type 6 Nagler for sale i will gladly take it off your hands.

There is one on UK Astro Buy & Sell at the moment. I'd be interested but I've recently acquired a Pentax XW 5mm instead.

Sorry this is off topic from the SGL7 buy & sell :D

I'm looking for something a bit more grab and go than my dob to sit atop my CG5 before the wife notices I've got no use for it and pushes for me to sell it but I imagine your C6 will be outside my (read: "my wife's idea of my") budget. :)

The only hope is to accumulate a secret cash stash between now and SGL7 & tell her it was a lot less than it was or "I won it in a raffle" :D

Feel free to make me an offer - you never know and the worst I can say is 'No' :headbang:

Following a bit of rethink of my kit I'll now be bringing along the following...

Meade Series 4000 32mm SWA - no country of origin on EP but box says Made in Japan but then again box seems to have a blacked out typo of 1.25" when it is clearly 2" that said I think by the fact that it is a series 4000 SWA it is made in Japan?

Meade Series 5000 5x Telextender

2x 2" Barlow with 1.25" adaptor

Meade 2" UHTC diagonal barrel well gouged by a set screw from a previous owner but optically fine.

CG5 Mount, paint work a bit chipped - it has travelled a fair bit. Together with a set of virtually new, really nice quality, very quiet, dual axis Bresser drives (1x, 8x, 32x slew), 2" steel tripod and 2 counter weights (one white)

I'll be looking for ETX90 (original US made with just an RA drive) accessories for my new "handbag" scope so if you've got anything you'll be bringing let me know. (Especially for sticking things on the back)

Feel free to make me an offer - you never know and the worst I can say is 'No' :headbang:

Just saw your post after posting my latest - ended up going for an Etx90 which I picked up on Monday - almost got murdered by the wife for that so I imagine I would definitely be lying on a slab for a C6. Mind you I could always sell the ETX at SGL7 and hope she doesn't notice that I've come home with a different scope. :D

Just saw your post after posting my latest - ended up going for an Etx90 which I picked up on Monday - almost got murdered by the wife for that so I imagine I would definitely be lying on a slab for a C6. Mind you I could always sell the ETX at SGL7 and hope she doesn't notice that I've come home with a different scope. :D

A blue scope turned bright orange may cause some problem.

That said, you can always get a black tube C6 instead :headbang:

A blue scope turned bright orange may cause some problem.

That said, you can always get a black tube C6 instead :headbang:

Well I did turn a black 6" newt into a blue 14" dob... took her a fortnight to notice when it was stood in the corner of the home office and she'd been standing next to it on a regular basis. :D

I have two 12v 7.5Ah sealed lead acid batteries with short fly leads, haven't been used for about 9 months but I recently charged them and they seem to hold charge.

Free to a good home, if you'd like one let me know here and I'll add them to the pile of stuff to bring :D

Looking for a cheap focuser from an old 110mm scope and a secondry and a 30mm finder if anyone has one for a refurb project...If you do bring it to SGL7..

Mark

I might have an old Meade 30mm finder you can have Mark. I've also got a focusser, but I'm not sure of the size except that its too big for an 80mm Vixen refractor. It might be about the right size for you, assuming its a refractor focuser you want!, if so you're welcome to it :D

Helen

I will be eager to have a look through (and purchase if available) and Pentax eyepieces to do some comparisons with Televue stuff. Likewise if anyone would like to try mine just hit me up with a pm thanks.

I have two 12v 7.5Ah sealed lead acid batteries with short fly leads, haven't been used for about 9 months but I recently charged them and they seem to hold charge.

Free to a good home, if you'd like one let me know here and I'll add them to the pile of stuff to bring :D

I will take one if that's OK

As well as the NGF focuser, I have:

7 position filter carousel for a Starlight Xpress filter wheel - £20

110Ah Leisure Battery Deep cycle, in a box with external connectors, 12v socket - this is heavy, so if interested, please let me know! £65

Hi DaZ,

How old is the 110Ah Leisure Battery Deep cycle? I take it for granted that it has had a leisurely time.

I may be very interested, (put me down as first on your reserve list) as I have been recently looking at buying one.

Cheers

Adrian

It has had a very leisurely time Adrian! It's probably 18 months old and has not really been used in anger... Just a bit of testing when I was building my all-in-one power box!

I'll do a picture over the weekend ...

Archived