Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 Bring and Buy sale :)

Ant

I'll probably have 2 x SCT f 6.3 focal reducers, a polarising filter and a solar finder. I may have other items as well.

Meade 4000 series f6.3 focal reducer. Comes in original Meade bolt case. Hardly used, pristine condition. (£75)

Meade F6.3 Focal Reducer

Generic 'series 4000' f6.3 focal reducer. Very Good condition. (£45)

SnS 4000 f6.3 focal reducer for SCTs

AE Universal Solar Finder (#AC618) (£10)

Astro Engineering AC618 Universal Solar Finder

AE 1.25" variable polarizing filter in original foam lined plastic case - very good condition. (£15)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 200P and SynScan handset are provisionally sold at SGL7, however feel free to drop me a PM in case things don't happen :D

I'll also have an ST80 (with dovetail, tube rings, diagonal) which will be available on the Sunday morning £50

My 200P and SynScan handset are provisionally sold at SGL7, however feel free to drop me a PM in case things don't happen :D

I'll also have an ST80 (with dovetail, tube rings, diagonal) which will be available on the Sunday morning £50

I'm interested. Aren't ST80s good for autoguiding? I've recently got myself a QHY5 camera which I was going to use with my SW's finderscope. Would the ST80 be better? At least it would fee up my finderscope! I have a SW 200P on an HEQ5 mount. Would the mount be strong enough to take ST80, DSLR, QHY5 etc?

Alexxx

I'm interested. Aren't ST80s good for autoguiding? I've recently got myself a QHY5 camera which I was going to use with my SW's finderscope. Would the ST80 be better? At least it would fee up my finderscope! I have a SW 200P on an HEQ5 mount. Would the mount be strong enough to take ST80, DSLR, QHY5 etc?

Alexxx

I've been using mine for autoguiding in exactly the same setup as you describe for the past year and I've been more than happy with it.

I'm only selling it after SGL as I'm going down the OAG route :D

Probably getting near to the mouts limits there Alex but it should be fine. As Kheldar says he's been running the same config for a while and I've run the same on my HEQ5 without incident.

Clamp it all together and you'll be up and autoguiding in no time at all.

Alexxx

I've been using mine for autoguiding in exactly the same setup as you describe for the past year and I've been more than happy with it.

I'm only selling it after SGL as I'm going down the OAG route :D

Don't know what you mean by OAG route but i'll leave on Sunday after seeing you!

I'll probably have a Telrad + base a 4mm Circle-T ortho and maybe some other bits and bobs for at SGL7. If we have a table like last year I'll put my stuff there otherwise I'm in an elderly Bailey caravan. I'll be there from Thursday - Sunday.

Unless they get sold between now and SGL7, I'll have a couple of sets of pulleys and belts for an HEQ5 conversion... I'll also have a rummage this weekend as I have some revelation astro eyepieces that I've hardly used (well never used !)

Random swag! I finally got round to sorting out all the old adaptors and things lying around in my kit cases. I turned up more than I was expecting!

£10 bits:

8" f5 Bahtinov Mask (Starsharp)

D-Link DUH-4 USB Hub (brand new)

Celestron 58A 2" Green Filter

Baader 1.25" IR Pass Filter (has some scratching)

C-Mount (male) to 2" (with internal T2 (female) thread) nosepiece

T2 (male) to 2" Nosepiece

Altair 2" 50mm Extension Tube

Revelation 1.25" and T2 (male) to 2" Nosepiece

Skywatcher Long Dovetail

3/4 Expresscard to 2 Full Size Firewire Ports

Nikon T-ring

£5 bits:

Baader 14mm FTR

Baader 28mm FTR

Baader M43/T2 Adaptor (DSLR on Hyperion EP)

SPC880 Nosepiece

Telrad BasePlate (Sticky Pads Unused)

T2 (male) to 1.25" Nosepiece

58mm to 48mm Step Down Ring

55mm to 48mm Step Down Ring

58mm Generic UV Filter

55mm Generic UV Filter

I'm sure I can find some stuff.

I have

An Orion x-y guide mount for moving a camera in the focal plane

An ED80 I'm not using and might consider parting with, its missing the rubbers off the focuser wheel

A SC-880 webcam I'm not using

a 9x30 b&w finder

I'm sure there are other things I can bring.

Anyone interested ?

Mike

Unless they get sold between now and SGL7, I'll have a couple of sets of pulleys and belts for an HEQ5 conversion... I'll also have a rummage this weekend as I have some revelation astro eyepieces that I've hardly used (well never used !)

Didn't think you were going to SGL7?

I'm sure I can find some stuff.

I have

An Orion x-y guide mount for moving a camera in the focal plane

An ED80 I'm not using and might consider parting with, its missing the rubbers off the focuser wheel

A SC-880 webcam I'm not using

a 9x30 b&w finder

I'm sure there are other things I can bring.

Anyone interested ?

Mike

PM regarding the ED80 - I've already done something to annoy the wife so why not go the whole hog!!! ;):evil6:;)

I'd actually quite like to see this in action, so it would be good if you demonstrate the belt drive working ;)

Any chance that I could be 1st in line for the Baader 28mm FTR please ;)

I'll be there Thurs - Sun in a caravan.

Baader 14mm FTR

Baader 28mm FTR

Baader M43/T2 Adaptor (DSLR on Hyperion EP)

SPC880 Nosepiece

Telrad BasePlate (Sticky Pads Unused)

T2 (male) to 1.25" Nosepiece

58mm to 48mm Step Down Ring

55mm to 48mm Step Down Ring

58mm Generic UV Filter

55mm Generic UV Filter

Archived