Narrowband

SGL7 Bring and Buy sale :)

Ant

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking for a:

- RACI finder

- 8mm eyepiece for around £30-ish, something better than Vixen NPL (because I get them new for that price ;) ).

Also, although not a "buy", looking for a collimation hands on tutorial as well...

Hi folks I haven't got anything to sell but I am looking for a dew shield that will fit my Skywatcher 200P as I haven't got one & I'll be at SGL7 on Thursday. If anyone has one then please send me PM as I'm very interseted in purchasing one.

Thanks.

Hi folks I haven't got anything to sell but I am looking for a dew shield that will fit my Skywatcher 200P as I haven't got one & I'll be at SGL7 on Thursday. If anyone has one then please send me PM as I'm very interseted in purchasing one.

Thanks.

Get yourself a roll of camping foam off eBay and some velcro : job done ;)

Thanks.

i have enough spare camping mat to happily donate

i have enough spare camping mat to happily donate

That would be great thank you now I''ll be the one in the silly folding caravan minus the awning as I don't fancy putting that up on my own. ;)

th_IMAG0359.jpg?t=1312671097

Hi folks,

Thick cloud base at present. So a chance to catch my breath and relax after dinner.

I have been informed by a Geordie tonight that in these circumstances to crack open a bottle of whiskey......... he didn't say what to do with it though!!!

Distant galaxies do have a better type of haziest about them the further down the bottle you go.

I better go and check the sky again.

Cheers

Adrian

OK had a look around... and worked out what I could fit in the space...

Canon 70-200f4L USM - the NON IS version... it was my first L series lens but the FL is now covered by the 24-105/f4L IS USM and 100-400/f4.5-5.6L IS USM lenses

Kendrik Solar Film Filters 140-150mm (ETX 125) & 150-160mmm (C5 ish)

Bresser single axis drive kit for MON1 mounts

Modified Microsoft Lifecam Cinema in Anodised Ally Billet Parts Housing (The first few were Anodised Ally not Delrin) with Baader Planetarium UV/IR Cut filter and Billet Parts 1.25" Cover (cant find the install discs) - I have downloaded the drivers and firmware updates for XP,Vista 32&6bit and Win7 32&64bit and will have them on a memory stick

Lumicon Deep Sky SCT Cell Filter

Meade #911N Narrowband SCT Cell Filter

Celestron Dual Fitting C6/C8 Dewshield

There may also be a rummage box...

Peter...

I have an 8 inch f/8 mirror that I don't need any more. It comes in its home made cell, is still in great condition but will need recoating in time. The reason why I am selling is that it was going to be a portable dob - and my height at 5' 1", the focuser is a little too high for me. Plus the fact I'd like a bigger mirror eventually with a faster focal ratio.

1765mm focal length.

Inscription on back of mirror:

Parabolised to less than 1/10 wave (1/5 PV)

Maker's name: CH Aldridge

PM me if interested.

No worries these are in metal cells that cover 10mm range of diameter I will see if I have got some longer nylon screws here... your in luck I had 3 M3x30 nylon thumbscrews left here so I have put them in the box... a couple of pieces of camping mat foam to reduce the cell diameter and you should be sorted...

I've got 1.5 camping mats so I should have plenty for all who wanted it in this thread plus my mate

EDIT - Just read that again. Im not giving my mate away free with camping mat - just to be clear.

No worries these are in metal cells that cover 10mm range of diameter I will see if I have got some longer nylon screws here... your in luck I had 3 M3x30 nylon thumbscrews left here so I have put them in the box... a couple of pieces of camping mat foam to reduce the cell diameter and you should be sorted...

Awesome. I'll have a go with the titan at some solar!

I'll be arriving tomorrow afternoon too, hopefully motorways not too busy...

Be gentle with me please first time at SGL party...

I'd like it very much if someone can guide me through the art of collimation, I tried it myself but not quite sure whether I got it right or made it worst...

Archived