Narrowband

SGL7 Bring and Buy sale :)

Ant

With SGL7 approaching quickly we thought that it might be a good idea to start our usual thread on kit that people want to sell.

We realize that we do not have a live for sale section on SGL at the moment and we are working towards the replacement.

Please use this thread to let others that are attending the star party what kit you have for sale. This will aid people with bigger/more expensive kit in arranging transport/funds to make the purchase.

We are not going to actively police this thread to make sure that only people that are attending SGL7 post in it - but if I see someone that I know isn't going and they are using this to post general For Sale posts I will remove it.

Let the sale begin!

:icon_salut:

Ant

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a Windows XP webcam (telescope adapter and IR filter).

Looking for £40 ONO.

Am also selling my DSLR peltier Coolbox which has only been used for testing. I find it too much hassle to set up and just can't be bothered and have now bought a Cooled CCD camera instead. Cost over £200 new. Looking for £175 as it has never been used.

Very small groove cut for a cable.

Carole

I will likely have a Starlight Xpress SXVF H9 mono CCD camera and Trutek Slimline filter wheel for sale, with 8 x 1.25" carousel (not filters). I haven't determined a price yet, but it will be representative of used kit in good condition.

For examples of images taken with the camera, please see my albums, especially the MN190 album. Here's one for instance;

tim-albums-mak-newt-190-pictures-picture10302-m1-crab-nebula-hst-colours-2011.jpg

I've got a Meade series 5000 5x telextender to sell which I no longer need since I sold my Megrez 88.

Oh, and a set of DK-3 motors for EQ5 type mounts. Nice and quiet with brass gears and up to 32x slew.

Hmmmm should I move the motorised CG5 on I've currently got nothing to go on it? (Noakesy)

Offers welcome on all to secure prior to the event.

Not really got any photos apart from this one of the mount at a star party a while back (That's a Meade AR6 on board although it was pushing it)

I'll try and get it out for a better pic over the next few days. It is well used and the paint has marks from being shipped around but it is fully functional and has a virtually new set of Bresser Duo motors fitted (like the DK3s but with 8x as the medium speed instead of 2x). It'll come with one counterweight. It also has a polar scope.

post-14514-133877730605_thumb.jpg

I have two, almost new, ADM Vixen saddles. They formed a dual mount bar, but the dovetail bridge was sold a week ago.

A Russian, (I think) Mirror lens f5.6. Would make a handy little scope actually. It has a Pentax 42mm male thread at the rear for a camera attachment. An adaptor would be required to fit a DSLR Though. I shall bring some old camera lenses and Olympus cameras too. Various filters, and cable releases.

Old stuff I know, but someone might have an interest in it.

Ron.

------------

Edit:

Decided to keep the Saddles, and as I don't think much interest will be shown in the older camera stuff, I won't now bring it to Lucksall.

I have got a Meade 4000 6.4mm Plossl in a bolt case that needs a home. It's as new condition, used about 3 times. The eyerelief is too short for me.

Also the ali tripod and accessory tray from an EQ3-2. I use the mount head on the steel legs from an AZ4, so the original box aluminium tripod is surplus to requirements.

Got some photos for my items for sale (above)

(can't seem to amend posts once they've been replied to)

I'll repeat the details to save tooing and froing:

DSLR peltier Coolbox which has only been used for testing. I find it too much hassle to set up and just can't be bothered and have now bought a Cooled CCD camera instead. Cost over £200 new. Looking for £175 as it has never been used.

Very small groove cut for a cable.

DSLR Coolbox:

wp4a7369e9.jpg

wpce7ce80c.jpg

wpb6064b70_0f.jpg

Canon 450D + 18-55mm Image Stabalised std kit lens

Also supplied with Canon 50mm "Nifty 50" lens and hood (with Hoya Skylight filter) , 58mm Hoya HMC Pro 1 Skylight filter / 58mm Hoya Cir-Pl filter for the Kit lens

Also supplied Lowepro shoulder bag all original packaging and accessories and 16gb Sandisk memory card

Camera has no marks / scratches

Looking for £320

EQ4 mount and tripod in good condition

Complete with 2 off big counterweights, ali tripod, tray, tools, instructions, polar scope

The dec shaft is a little scuffed from the counterweight clamps but otherwise everything is in good condition albeit a bit dusty:) Ive fitted a flexi remote from an EQ3 to the dec slow motion as well that is included.

The EQ4 is the precursor to the eq5 but is basically the same animal and takes the same accessories e.g drives.

£130 collect from my tent at SGL7:)

Sold to Noaksey subject to payment

Phil

post-14930-133877730724_thumb.jpg

post-14930-13387773073_thumb.jpg

If someone PMs me to let me know they are interested (due to not wasting space in the car!) I have

Skywatcher 200P (Blue tube) OTA

+ Stock focuser

+ Bobs Knobs (primary and secondary)

+ Uprated springs

+ Baader Solar Filter (DIY strong foamboard box)

+ Tube rings and dovetail

- No finder

(Minor scratch to primary, does not impact visual or imaging.)

£130

I'll also have a "box of bits" so feel free to come and say hi and have a mooch :icon_scratch:

William Optics FLT 98 carbon fibre & tube rings and WO RD £1200 ono

If that's for sale the Televue 2" Everbrite diagonal has to go £180 no offers

And the Vixen Porta II mount as new condition £190 no offers

Televue Panoptic 19mm £140 no offers

I have other stuff too.

I'll have a Celestron CG5-GT Goto mount with polar scope First Light Optics - Celestron CG-5 GT GOTO purchased from FLO on 30th November last year going for a song at £350. All the original boxes and bits including laptop serial cable, dovetail etc

Also an EQ3 Pro Synscan Goto mount purchased from FLO August last year. Original boxes etc going for £250.

Both mounts are in excellent condition with only very minor paintchips on the weights which is pretty normal

Reason for sale I can't find a home for the boxes! and I've bought a EQ-6 Syntrek. Ideally I'd like to know if anyone is interested in the mounts before SGL7 as room in the car will be at a premium. I'll be at SGL7 from the Monday right through the week until the following Monday

If someone PMs me to let me know they are interested (due to not wasting space in the car!) I have

Skywatcher 200P (Blue tube) OTA

+ Baader Solar Filter (DIY strong foamboard box)

£130

I'll also have a "box of bits" so feel free to come and say hi and have a mooch :icon_scratch:

I'm interested in using my 200P for solar work but need to start asking how! Would this filter of yours be a good start? If so, how much?

Alexxx

Archived