Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Tom OD

Witchhead And Rigel

Thanks Again everyone,

My dad used to do the old false teeth, pull out of the mouth trick to me. Scared me into staying up all night taking pictures.

I have tamed Rigel too so its not as imposing in the mosaic, the blue fuzzyiness is unmovable so far by any processing method I 've used.

Tom.

post-17334-133877729874_thumb.jpg

Definitely a WOW factor, great stuff and you can really see how much trouble Rigel is giving you in the processing, masterful work and a cracking picture. Thanks for sharing this :)

I got exactly the same type of flares from Rigel when I tried this Tom, with a little 3" frac. Going to take some work to get rid of that :)

Cheers everyone for the comments,

I thought the flares might be the only flaw in the Tak "N" the older version. Its strange Olly doesn't get them in his "85 Q", unless he puts in the reducer. Correct me if I'm wrong there Olly.

I thought maybe it was the baffling in the tube that was the problem, as there are no heat flares when Rigel was in the frame. Having said that though I took 10min subs of the Witchhead and dropped the exps to 5mins when taking Rigel. 10 and 5 min on the witchhead showed the same amount of flaring though. So exp seemed not to be the issue.

I have the exact same problem with a Rho mosaic I'm trying to do also. Antares is wreeking havoc on 2 frames. I tried doing a 5th central frame but Rho is still very low here, only gets to about 26 degrees, so 2hrs a night is about the most you can get of useful info on it. I'm hoping to finish it this Summer.

Tom.