Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

M1 THE CRAB WIDE FIELD

This proved to be hard as the Moon was very close by even with the HA filter it took some seeing , so subs were at 45 x45 seconds will give it another go when that pesky moon has gone , FAST STAR used with HA filter processed in Maxim

Rog

image.jpg

Nice one Rog this is a hard one by all accounts some great detail there!

James :sunny:

Excellent image Rog, your M1 does have some lovely detail in it.

Thats something that I've never actually seen or imaged!

Ant

That one is harder than we think Ant it is barely visible from my place so a dark sky is really want you need , the HA filter has been a huge help and whereas before i would prob only image for 25 30 secs i stick to 45 or 55 secs now , this for the fast start is all i need really as it does perform 25 times faster than at F10 , also i now tend to turn tha gain of the camera up just a wee bit more , not to much as it would be to noisy just found a nice balance of late with the Atik .

Cheers

Rog

Cracking image and a tough nut to crack and get right. Had two attempts with the 300D., neither came out like yours.

First class stuff

Russ

lol got to be careful with the crab not to over process it , it is a soft image that brings out the best detail i have found this out after doing many of them , i have been told this is the best natural image i have ever done , so thats pleasing ,

Cheers for the input agin , tis fun getting everyone involved

Rog

:clouds1:

Its very natural looking Rog thats it's charm plus it reminds me of Star Trek the origanl series which has to be Fab!

James :clouds1:

If memory serves me correctly the Enterprise got chased half way round the galaxy by one of those.

Yeah it was pregnant matey :clouds1: no really it was! kept sucking the energy from the enterprise's engine's(Anti matter i think)

James :clouds1:

I'm sure you are both right but I prefer the harder image pictorially.  

The way I see it is, open space is black so having first produced a black I then process the midtones and hi-lights to make good use of all the tones available.  The difficult part, I find, is not blowing the hi-lights and avoiding noise.  

The real buzz, for me, is when you successfully find and separate out the various tones and in doing so, enhance detail.  

Steve